Trump ignores Pentagon advice and intervenes in military war crimes cases

Huh??

Open your left eye.

1 Like

Nuancy. I love how libs throw that word around. From observation, it appears to mean ā€œyou didnā€™t consider our feelings meanie.ā€

3 Likes

HOWEVER
Army E-5, E-6 & E-7ā€™s (back in the day anyway) were addressed as ā€œSergeantā€œ or informally ā€œSargeā€ etc. Once promoted to E-8 I and my peers took great pleasure in reminding the E-1ā€™s and 2ā€™s and low rank Specials: ā€œItā€™s Master Sergeant ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and donā€™t you forget itā€!
I knew a USMC MGySGT I worked with in the MDARNG who would totally flip out if someone called him ā€œSargeā€. He demanded to be called MGySGT but it was a NG Army Regiment of the 29th ID! Then the troopers in the Company would call him ā€œGunnyā€ and that would fan the fire. LOL
He eventually was moved from the line Company to staff, the Commander was a Colonel from the Corps so he could be managed. Funny story.

When I was on cross service instructor duty Iā€™d never, EVER think of referring to Gunny Thomas as ā€œSargeā€. Unless of course Iā€™d want to have to drop trow to teach classes because heā€™d have shoved my head down my throat so that Iā€™d have had to talk out my ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 
.WW, PHS

2 Likes

Any ā– ā– ā– ā–  bag that ever referred to me as ā€œSargeā€ instantly regretted it.

Well, canā€™t change how people redefine words in their own mind. But there is a lot of nuance in complex affairs. Especially when dealing with other countries. Which is why Trump seems to have difficulty with them.

In your opinion, was the President wrong in doing what he did?

1 Like

What is nuance exactly in your own words? Can you provide some examples, especially when dealing with other countries?

Did you consider ā€œnuanceā€ before decrying the cancelling of TPP and if so, what ā€œnuanceā€ and how?

Tell me something just out of curiosity, Iā€™ve been told the other Asian countries want to get out from under China or words to that effect. Why would they want that?

Sure. Personally I use nuance to mean that minor or subtle changes to words or actions can have great impact or allow for more options. If you want a perfect example of nuance in foreign relations just look at Taiwan and PRC and our One China Policy. Complex and confusing, but allows us to deal with both countries and holds back China from attacking ROC.

As to TPP, it was a powerful tool to check the tactics of China in the Pacific. Giving smaller countries rightfully concerned about Chinaā€™s growing influence over their economies a strong united front to confront them when necessary. We could have been the leader of that. Trump threw that away.

Ya, I do.

E-7 Gallaghar stabbed the prisoner, but it was someone else that testified in surprise at the Court Martial they they were the one that actually strangled the prisoner causing the death. Then planning on the cover-up and burning and burying the body (IIRC). Or maybe it was burying first then digging up to burn it.

He was found not guilty of the other charges and was given a reduction in pay grade to E-6 with time served for one of the lesser charges.

Trump should have let the Court Martial ruling stand. IMHO.
.WW, PHS

the tweet was send by the navy chief of information who is a captain

So waffling? There is nothing complex or confusing about the situation. What you are calling ā€œnuanceā€ is simply the world admitting that China could dissolve Taiwan any time it wants to and short of going to war thereā€™s nothing anybody can do about it. Meanwhile China uses it as a threat to control us.

The TTP is not a powerful tool to do anything, much less keep China in check. Unless China decides. You donā€™t seem to understand power and who has it in Asia - itā€™s not the US.

The US check on China is access to our markets.

Those other Asian countries are as ā€œpowerfulā€ as China allows them to be. If China tells them to fall into line, they will.

I know. A Captain referring to the change in pay grade to E-7? Not much of an insult.

A Chief referring to E-7 Gallagher (like here) - that is an insult.

But with that said I was not nor have been a ground operator on the front lines. E-7 Gallagherā€™s mistake was having witnesses and the cover-up.
.WW, PHS

Actions by a lot of countries in the region show theyā€™re working to check China with otherā€™s help. I think we should support that. Vietnam is a good example. Theyā€™re not budging an inch in the South China Sea and are preparing for things to flare up there. You seem to advocate a policy of ā€œLet China do whatever they want over there.ā€. A balance has to be created, and the US needs to be a part of that with Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan, the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Australiaā€¦

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You arenā€™t considering the nuancy, Adam.

I explained this to you already.

What branch do E-7 Gallaghers serve in? :rofl:

A balance? How? One of those things outweighs all the others combined by an order of magnitude?

Why do we need to be part of it?

The Offensive Branch