Trump ignores court ruling that he can’t block critics on Twitter

I know what you’re trying to say, but I think that’s an apples and oranges comparison.

Did I say he does?

On Friday, U.S. District Judge James E. Boasberg ruled that, after careful consideration, the Standing Rock Sioux tribe “had not demonstrated that an injunction is warranted here,” and the pipeline project should contine.

Shortly after the decision was released, the Obama administration said it “appreciated” the court ruling but called for the project to come to a halt.

I know, Different, right?

I might not agree with it, but if due process has occurred and a ruling has been made, there’s not much I can do about it.

As long as the ruling is “appreciated”.

libs:

YOU MUST USE TWITTER THE WAY WE SAY TO USE IT !
:rage:

What do you think it means?

it appears to be future tense … the way I see it written. So the president cannot take action from this point onward to block people. But if he took action to block them in the past, is he required to unblock them now? Did the judge say?

still… a stupid ruling.

I dont read other people tweets though… only the tweets of the POTUS. so it does not matter to me.

Priveate servers should be fine for things like private political discussions…or wedding plans.

if all the communication is unclassified and archived for public record, fine.

Clinton’s private server was not like that.

Or yoga work outs.

He said it’s a public account. And I don’t think the president’s account is the same as government workers.

No, it appears to be retroactive.

Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald in Manhattan ruled that comments on Trump’s personal Twitter account—and those of other officials in the U.S. government—were public forums and that blocking critics for voicing their views breached the First Amendment of the Constitution.

LOL trump is hilarious

Probably because we’re paying for it.

He’s reality TV gone wild. He never would have been this outrageous on “The Apprentice.”

What do you think Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald would do to people exercising their First Amendment rights in her courtroom?

1 Like

there are some ramifications that she did not think through. Trump-hate blinded her.

Whataboutism earning OT in this thread.

Imagine that. She rules against Trump and you say it’s based on Trump hate and not legal principles? Not even close.