Trump: "I can't kill these people" when referring to Canadian Govt negotiators

"In remarks Trump wanted to be “off the record,” Trump told Bloomberg News reporters on Thursday, according to a source, that he is not making any compromises at all in the talks with Canada — but that he cannot say this publicly because “it’s going to be so insulting they’re not going to be able to make a deal.”

"“Here’s the problem. If I say no — the answer’s no. If I say no, then you’re going to put that, and it’s going to be so insulting they’re not going to be able to make a deal … I can’t kill these people,” he said of the Canadian government.

In another remark he did not want published, Trump said, according to the source, that the possible deal with Canada would be “totally on our terms.” He suggested he was scaring the Canadians into submission by repeatedly threatening to impose tariffs.

“Off the record, Canada’s working their ass off. And every time we have a problem with a point, I just put up a picture of a Chevrolet Impala,” Trump said, according to the source. The Impala is produced at the General Motors plant in Oshawa, Ontario.

Trump made the remarks in an Oval Office interview with Bloomberg. He deemed them off the record, and Bloomberg accepted his request not to reveal them."

The greatest negotiator. He just made Trudeau’s task of selling any new deal to the Canadian public almost impossible.

He’s an idiot.

Two more years. Two more years…

1 Like

He’s on a roll lately.

Here is a good Twitter thread on this subject from the Washington correspondent for the Toronto Star who seems to be the one who obtained the “off the record” quotes…

Canadians are so darn nice. :rofl:

1 Like

Unnamed sources

So let’s see if the WH denies it.

They didn’t.

Trump had to have made the comments when someone else was in the room besides the Bloomberg reporter.

“Bloomberg editor-in-chief John Micklethwait, who was one of the journalists in the room, did not dispute their authenticity. Nor did the White House.”

So anything not disputed is true?

Did Hillary ever dispute that she is an alien?

You understand they call you for comment right? They offer you the opportunity to deny it.

And if you say “no comment”, it can be factually reported as “did not dispute”.

They have the White House response in the ■■■■■■■ article dude. RIF.

The lengths some will go

The are incapable of saying Trump messed up

Let me get this straight. Canada didn’t want to renegotiate and basically told Trump to “Piss Off”.

Then after Mexico and US made a deal Canada now wants to negotiate? And they think it will be on their terms?

Am I getting this right?

Why lie, Tommy?

The Star was not able to independently confirm the remarks with 100 per cent certainty, but the Canadian government is confident they are accurate.

Bloomberg editor-in-chief John Micklethwait, who was one of the journalists in the room, did not dispute their authenticity. Nor did the White House.

“If this was said, it was said in an off the record capacity. I understand you guys have obtained it; I’m not sure where you’ve obtained it from,” said White House deputy press secretary Lindsay Walters.

“Did not dispute” means they did not dispute it. It does not mean they confirmed it.

Don’t call me a liar, troll. They didn’t no comment it. They gave a comment of the “if it happened” variety.

No, you’re not getting this right. Canada didn’t tell anyone to piss off.

2 Likes