Trump hired more illegal immigrants than initially thought

I haven’t seen many trump supporters speak out on this or really care.

Harsh penalties to these employers needs to be enforced. It’s the best way to address 20 million illegal immigrants that are currently living and are employed in the US.

1 Like

Trump could be the poster boy. He could take the punishment and show the country he really does mean to stop illegal immigration. The buck stops with him.

Ha ha ha. Like he ever would.

1 Like

Maybe if we paid attention to WHY illegal aliens come here we would have less illegal aliens in general. Employers WANT to hire illegals because they can typically pay them below market wages with the threat of turning them in if they complain about wages or working conditions.

In stead how about we give employers the tools to verify that someone is legally eligible to work and then make it mandatory with heavy fines and (for repeated offenses) criminal convictions.

Address the WHY side of the equation (as part of an overall plan).

.^^^^

The wall doesn’t fix illegal immigration because most illegals come here on Visas and just overstay. Unless you close the border at legal checkpoints and stop all air traffic coming in from Mexico you won’t solve the problem.

Why would you pay a Coyote thousands to sneak you across the desert when you can just fly in for a few hundred bucks? Or better still walk right in at a border crossing and say you’re on vacation and touring somewhere in the US or visiting relatives?

It doesn’t make sense.

i agree, but I think we should also abolish sanctuary cities/states. That is also an incentive for illegals.

P.S. When were you in Hunmmers?
I was in VAW-120 from 1989-1992

And employers here benefit greatly from nothing getting done, all the while US wages remain stagnant partly as a result.

Those same folks fight against any immigration reform because it lifts these people out of the shadows and makes them taxpaying members of society, which would hurt their bottom line. There is a lot more money to be made in exploiting them for cheap labor.

VAW-110 for RO/InFlight Tech Training and then to VAW-115 on the Midway 1978 to 1984. Went on to fly EP-3A and ES-3A surveillance aicraft as they phased out InFlight Techs to have 3 NFO’s in the back.
.^^^^

1 Like

I wouldn’t bother trying to explain this to the pro big businesses white nationalists crowd. It is the brown people that are the problem for them. Going after employers would mean the white folks who over stay their visas would be caught too and they aren’t for that.

The poster has also in the past at the old board said he understands why businesses do it.

It is another area where the moral outrage is selective.

Why aren’t the businesses being fined?

As long as there are jobs, there will be undocumented labor shuttled in to fill them at a lower labor cost to the employer. Unless and until this part of the equation is solved, nothing will change. Even a grand wall from sea to shining sea won’t stop the illegal immigration problem. A stupid wall will solve nothing. And the fight over it is just preventing an actual solution from being implemented.

You would think people who actually care about this issue would understand this. Which makes me skeptical that the supporters of Trump actually care about the issue. They seemingly only care about the politics here.

Actual hardline anti-illegal immigration advocates loathe the wall fight. They hate that this is where the discussion has gone. Because it’s preventing solutions. It’s wasting political capital.

Simple solutions for simple people.

I have always said focus on the employers and the problem drops largely.

1 Like