Trump - here is something you could be doing

So we have to have labs ready to produce this vaccine…where are we on that department?

1 Like

Good…so pre-planing is already in place.

So that blows OP up.

Some encouraging news today on a couple of vaccine efforts

Good, that’s the one where they’re about to test it on 30 thousand guinea pigs. That’s the final phase/test from my understanding.

I think it is the Moderna trials that are with the 30,000 people. They just successfully completed their phase 1 trials last week, and all 45 recipients showed antibodies. So now it has moved to the next phase.

Both are positive though, no matter how you slice it. I’m curious if anyone knows how long the next phase of trials will last?

Huh??? Vaccines don’t carry antibodies. They simulate a virus that enables the human body develop an antibody that should help protect against that virus. So far as I know, the only way to transfer antibodies outside of that process is through donated plasma. I’ve never heard of a vaccine with antibodies.

3 Likes

Whatever…WC understood what I meant and that’s all I care about.

Moderna’s stock is actually falling a bit today after news about Oxford and AstraZeneca efforts.

1 Like

The horse-race for the finish line to claim the largest profits is truly on. I just hope in the rush there are not massive corners cut that end up doing real harm to people as a result.

1 Like

good news.

Trump should be talking about this instead of bragging about passing a cognitive test.

2 Likes

He did. Without creating false expectations.

I already know some friends who say they won’t take the vaccine - not anti-vaxxer kind in the least - they just believe it’s risky without knowing for sure what can happen 10 years down the road. I have no such qualms.

1 Like

It’s funny you bring that up, because I was just having a similar conversation with family friends over the weekend. There is a lot of concern over the vaccine right now. I have no qualms myself.

Unfortunately, the distrust that Trump has created in people when it comes to our current government’s capabilities and competency could lead to large numbers of people remaining skeptical on the efficacy of a vaccine.

I think if you’re over 60, 10 years down the road seems irrelevant IMO.

I like to see test results for those in that age group when the time comes. If it’s all positive I’ll take it.

:rofl: That is astounding! TDS taken to a whole new level.

The most likely vaccine is an mRNA vaccine being produced by Moderna in conjunction with NIAID. I posted a bunch of stuff on this vaccine yesterday in the Corona Virus II thread. It is neither an antibody or non antibody vaccine, it is a vaccine capable of crippling the proteins that created the crown and the upper layer of the virus thus making it unable to attach and cause sickness. It has quite the capability to produce an immune response without producing the deadly cytokin storm that was responsible for so much early death.

2 Likes

I don’t agree cause people live a lot longer than 70 these days… either way those friends are way younger than 60.

Trump: What?

Coming from someone who has been blasting Fauci and the CDC over one single statement put out about masks in mid-March, this is highly ironical.

Trump has misled, lied, and shown extreme incompetence for his entire Presidency. Every single level of his Executive Branch has been one ■■■■■■■■■■■ after another. And now, when people would need to place trust in the very same government that has shown gross negligence and incompetency, some people have hesitation, and in your mind it is a form of mental derangement on their part. Interesting.

:thinking: