Trump has never been grocery shopping

This Admin once again showing it clueless when it comes to the lives of average Americans. Trump float the idea you can simply ask the store for free food if you promise to pay them back later.

The president appeared to try to clean up Ross’s comments, but in doing so, he revealed that he, too, is a little confused about how typical Americans live. He seemed to suggest people can just work out a side deal with the grocery store if they aren’t able to pay.

“Local people know who they are when they go for groceries and everything else. And I think what Wilbur was probably trying to say is that they will work along,” Trump said.

Everytime some Trumpkin goes on about the elites how full of crap they are.

They are like all the tea party protesters from the Obama years.

You already have to show ID to buy groceries, so they could easily take down your information as part of an IOU to pay back the grocery store. NBD.

Trump just problem solving to MAGA!!

Most people, I’m hearing, aren’t nearly as great and amazing at negotiating. If they were then they’d be able to get great amazing great deals at the grocery store. I’m reading about some of these deals and they’re just incredible.

1 Like

If he decide to go, he couldn’t ask Hillary to drive him.

Who Hillary?

The sea hag

His daddy was playing him $3,000,000/year when he was in diapers. Of course he doesn’t know how grocery stores work.

3 Likes

There were shades of Marie Antoinette in Trump’s remarks.

You would think that Billionaires would do their own grocery shopping, wouldn’t you?

And these guys keep forgeting that Nancy could have provided the money Trump wanted for the wall and it would have cost less than the shutdown.

Oh, and I’m sure Nancy can be found regularly at the supermarket, waiting in line. From wikipedia:

The nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics (CRP) estimated in 2009 that Pelosi’s average net worth was US$58,436,537, ranking her 13th among 25 wealthiest members of Congress.[225] In 2014, CRP reported Pelosi’s average net worth in 2014 was US$101,273,023 having ranked 8th out of 25 wealthiest members of Congress.[226] Business Insider reported that Pelosi’s worth was $26.4 million in 2012 and made her the 13th richest members of Congress.[1] In 2014, Roll Call estimated that Pelosi’s net worth was 29.35 million, ranking her the 15th wealthiest member of Congress.[227]

Roll Call said Pelosi’s earnings are connected to her husband’s heavy investments in stocks including “Apple, Comcast, Facebook, Shutterfly and Walt Disney”.

Sounds like you realize Trump and his Cohorts have no clue as to what the middle class is all about other than the footholds they serve to be

3 Likes

That is a great paradox of the Trumpian approach to groceries:

You don’t need any money, but you need an ID. Going to try this on the fly and see if they work with me.

1 Like

So her net worth is a rounding error in the Trump empire but Trump gets me?

I like his comment, “Local people… they will work along.”

Let the local people eat cake.

I never said that Trump “got me”. That was the assumption of the OP. If asked, I would simply say I agree with many of his policies, which is why I voted for him.

And then I pointed out that someone with somewhere between 26 million and a hundred million dollars (Nancy) isn’t likely to do their own shopping either.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

“I am proud to shut down the Government”
President Donald J Trump.

Why bring up Pelosi in this when it was the President who said something that is completely divorced from reality?

Preventing future shut downs is far more important and saves far more money long term.

**[quote=“DougBH, post:16, topic:123573, full:true”]
You would think that Billionaires would do their own grocery shopping, wouldn’t you?

And these guys keep forgeting that Nancy could have provided the money Trump wanted for the wall and it would have cost less than the shutdown.

Oh, and I’m sure Nancy can be found regularly at the supermarket, waiting in line. From wikipedia:

The nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics (CRP) estimated in 2009 that Pelosi’s average net worth was US$58,436,537, ranking her 13th among 25 wealthiest members of Congress.[225] In 2014, CRP reported Pelosi’s average net worth in 2014 was US$101,273,023 having ranked 8th out of 25 wealthiest members of Congress.[226] Business Insider reported that Pelosi’s worth was $26.4 million in 2012 and made her the 13th richest members of Congress.[1] In 2014, Roll Call estimated that Pelosi’s net worth was 29.35 million, ranking her the 15th wealthiest member of Congress.[227]

Roll Call said Pelosi’s earnings are connected to her husband’s heavy investments in stocks including “Apple, Comcast, Facebook, Shutterfly and Walt Disney”.
[/quote]

As expected you decide to deflect. Did Pelosi make idiotic statements about how impacted workers could get a loan or how they could go to their locak supermarket and buy now pay later. Thats what Trump and one of his appointees said.

What is it with Trump that you find it impossible to be critical of Trump or his appointees?

And if Pelosi said something just as stupid and crass i would be just as critical.

Future shutdowns? Is that why Nancy was willing to sacrifice federal workers? I have it on the best authority in this forum that Trump will at best be a one term President and may well be impeached and in jail before then.

If I were still a federal worker I would be less concerned about Trump making a stupid statement than I would about Nancy refusing to come to a sensible agreement so I could get my pay.
Please, don’t pretend to be somehow more nonpartisan than me. Not selling.