Trump has appointed 4x as many lobbyists as Obama

For the purposes of the study, ‘lobbyist’ is defined as someone required to register as such, and disclose their employer and pay to the federal government.

The Senate definition of a lobbyist is:
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/Lobbying/Lobby_Disclosure_Act/3_Definitions.htm

I assume most branches define it similarly.

I’m sorry, I’m not sure I understand the subject of your first sentence. Is ‘it’ lobbying? Or is ‘it’ the swamp?

If you are referring to lobbying, isn’t “I’ll rub your back, you rub mine” pretty swampy?

And you say " A lot of the swamp has nothing to do with lobbyists." Could you share some things that are the ‘swamp’ in your mind?

Could you then explain what Trump meant when he said drain the swamp?

Why are lobbyists bad?

I dunno ask him.

1 Like

You should ask Trump.

In an interview with Newsmax in July 2015, to take just one example, Trump argued that he was the only candidate to clean up government because his opponents were “controlled by lobbyists, controlled by their donors, controlled by special interests.” Lobbyists, he often said or implied, were part of Washington’s “culture of corruption.”

So, you don’t know?

So, you don’t know?

So, dems think lobbyists are bad Because Trump said so. OK!

I think most people who don’t like lobbying and lobbyists will say that money shouldn’t influence policy.

It doesn’t sound like they actually know how many Lobbyists worked for Obama = Fake news… as usual!

Like Ukraine and Biden?

Please try to focus.

1 Like

You focused on the 3-word parenthetical comment I inserted and missed the entire point of the post.

Let me repeat: What does a lobbyist do? He advocates for a particular political position on behalf of some other entity.

Why is some guy who had previously done that unfit for a job in politics?

The “study” outlined in the OP article lends the assumption that it’s wrong for such an advocate to get a political position.

Why is that summary assumption valid?

You repeated yourself.

I asked what does such a person do (as a lobbyist) that makes him unfit for a subsequent job in government?

This thread is about his hypocrisy. Have a Red Bull or something.

4 Likes

I responded to your statement about “swamp”. I quoted it.

I don’t see how I could have made that clearer.

I already did. You quoted it.

It gives you WIIIIIIIINNNNNGSSSSS.

I already gave my understanding of what the swamp is – and I consider that Trump’s view as well.

“The swamp” is anyone Trump doesn’t like anymore. End of story. It’s an arbitrary subjective meaningless campaign slogan that he didn’t even like at first.