Trump goes after Putins pipeline. Upsets Euro leftists

We all remember ol’ flexibles sweet whispers to Putin. And how Obama did little in the face of Putins expansion into Ukraine, while Hillary was making uranium deals with Russian oligarchs. Obama did litte to stop Russia’s from trying to influence the election.

Meanwhile Trump is trying to kill a new pipeline from Russia to Europe which would give Putin lots on new money and therefore have even more power on the world stage.

Who’s wants to give Putin more money and power… Your favorite euro leftist, Angela Merkel’s and crew…

“Donald Trump is starting to get under Angela Merkel’s skin.”

“Merkel’s chancellery team is concerned at the prospect of further hardball tactics from the Trump administration after fending off U.S. efforts to turn her European Union partners against a new gas pipeline between Germany and Russia”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-18/merkel-is-said-to-be-ruffled-at-prospect-of-more-trump-hardball

1 Like

Europe should tell Trump to go mind his own business.

Maybe Trump and Pooty Poots can agree on a deal that profits them both.

Not necessarily. That gas is already shipped west through the Ukraine. The main thing the new pipeline accomplishes is making it cheaper for Germany by cutting out the middleman. That said I don’t really agree with it but then again I’m not German.

That’s Even a better reason to stop it, obviously… Why weaken Ukraine and make Russia more powerful…?

2 Likes

I am a little confused by the philosophy of Trumpism being about economic Nationalism telling other sovereigns what to do.

I mean… I get that the administration is against this to try to reign in Russian influence and be able to sell natural gas to Germany… but if Germany wants to get cheap petrol from Russia isn’t in their economic and Nationalist interest to do so?

It doesn’t. The gas is already going west. This benefits Germany more than anyone

Now ANYONE in the world is a “leftist” if they dare defy Lord Trump. Germans putting Germany first are “euro leftists”. :rofl:

[quote=“Cratic3947, post:1, topic:146463, full:true”]
We all remember ol’ flexibles sweet whispers to Putin. And how Obama did little in the face of Putins expansion into Ukraine, while Hillary was making uranium deals with Russian oligarchs. Obama did litte to stop Russia’s from trying to influence the election.

Meanwhile Trump is trying to kill a new pipeline from Russia to Europe which would give Putin lots on new money and therefore have even more power on the world stage. [/quote]

Who kicked Russia out of the G-8, enacted tough sanctions on Russia and started arming the Ukrainians? Obama. Who wants Russia back in the G-8, is against additional sanctions on Russia, ignores enacting them after congress passes them, actively removes sanctions from Russia, ignores Russian aggression against Ukraine(Donbas, Kerch), thinks Crimea should be part of Russia because they speak Russian, believes Putin over his own intelligence agencies? Trump. Trump big strong man :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Yes… Trump would obviously like them to buy more of our gas and not to give Putin more power, which what’s best for America.

This isn’t about hurting Putin, it’s about hurting Merkel.

“I don’t care. I believe Putin.”

----Donald John Trump to his intelligence apparatus.

1 Like

[quote=“Adam, post:11, topic:146463, full:true”]

I’m sure Putin was all teary eyed by being kicked out of the G-8, while keeping Crimea…

You seemed to miss my point.

If the era of Trumpism that each nation operates in their own best interest… then what right does The US have in interfering in what Germany believes is in it’s best interest?

You voted for her…

It’s certainly a far tougher stance than kissing Putin’s butt like Trump has been doing

[quote=“Cratic3947, post:15, topic:146463, full:true”]

If it’s what you say, I love it. Especially later in the summer.

You misspelled rightists.

1 Like

Makes thread about a foreign country disliking US policy

Blames and/or attacks everyone in the thread for another countries response.

Brilliant.

1 Like

I get your point. Just because Trump tells Merkle what he thinks they should do, does not mean he does not expect her to do what’s is in Germany best interest.

Why is it dems can’t remember Uranium one…?

The point is… who’s helping Putin and who trying to remove his power…