Trump education secretary held in contempt

Someone asks simple questions. Why do you refuse to answer them? Isn’t that why you are on a discussion board - to discuss things?

Your puzzlement at people’s reactions to your refusing to answer simple questions is what’s weird.

It was nothing more than a pathetic partisan attempt at dismissing the ruling. The way you chose to respond to this thread says a lot.

■■■■■■■■■

Learn to think for yourself by looking at the contempt charge and determining whether the judge followed the law in slapping her with it and fining her. Not “hur hur judge was Obama appointee, see ya!”

I’m not here to answer questions on subjects that I haven’t even considered. Did I volunteer for a quiz or something?

Whats the point of posting on a discussion board if you are not going to discuss.

In my opinion you were not just stating a “fact” but trying to imply the judge was being political, otherwise why even mention it.

You are one of the most pro Trump supporters on this forum. Your posting history confirms you support Trump and his administration without question so dont be surprised if without clarification assumptions are made.

Other posters assume things about me all the time. Sometimes I clarify and sometimes I dont.

But your right you dont have to answer questions or respond to anything.

My post is not a personal attack so please dont take it that way.

3 Likes

What is the relevance of the “fact”? Why mention it in the first place?

This tactic of implying something, waiting for people respond to the implication, hedging with “I didn’t say that” and refusing to respond to further questions about the original intent of the original comment is just…

Well, it’s not really useful for trying to discuss things on a forum.

It is very useful for pushing a narrative unchallenged though.

5 Likes

You are not “required” to do anything.

You are well within your rights to pathetically attempt to attack this judge by stating irrelevant “facts” and then run away and refuse to discuss what your point was.

And we are well within our rights to call you out for doing so.

Feel free to not respond to this post.

1 Like

There is a great ignore feature that you can apply to, as one sees it, low content and /or low effort posters. You do not see those posts and are not tempted to respond, which cuts down on the clutter and elevates the discussion I think.

1 Like

How difficult is it to answer a question on De Vos? You haven’t kept track of her record at all? You don’t care about her record?

It’s foolish to post in a thread when you have no knowledge of the subject of the thread, and clearly have no intention of ever gaining any.

Sounds like the right decision.

The judge ordered that the fine go to a fund held by the former Corinthian students’ attorneys. It’s meant to help defray the damages and expenses associated with the improper collection of the loans, she said. The judge ordered the government and the attorneys to come up with a plan for administering the fund.

“We’re disappointed in the court’s ruling,” the Education Department said in a tweet on Thursday evening. "We acknowledged that servicers made unacceptable mistakes."