Trump discusses firing Fed chairman after latest rate increase

I’m thinking he did it to calm the Asian markets.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1076847419403501568

Example of the effects of rising rates.

3 Likes

And when a mere mortal, such as myself, has the audacity to ask “how many yachts do the rich need” I am slapped down with “who are you to decide what someone else can do with their money?” Revolutions have been fought for centuries over this very thing.

1 Like

But he’s not proud of it. He’s been whining about the interest rate increases for several months.

Jealousy and class warfare? I wonder who starts such revolutions… those with the yachts or those who try to breed anger in the hearts of those who have no yachts.

The OP should try to stay up with the latest narrative… which is here.

That’s not a “narrative,” it’s some required comment, and questions, about a new poll. Do you have any thoughts on the poll you’d like to share?

Trump is not driven by focus groups. That was a different president that let focus groups decide what to do.

1 Like

Not to pick nits, but you misspelled “gets input from experts who actually understand a topic before making a decision”.

Fat donald is driven by the likes of Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh and Fox & Friends.

… people who are more in touch with those who voted for Trump. I see. Cool. That includes me.

No, he’s not. What is he driven by? Certainly not rational, knowledge-based analysis. Even he acknowledges that.

Trump is driven by his personal needs… which in the case of world historical heros that came before him (of the Hegelian sort) happens to be congruent and synchronized with the needs of history to bear a child that we call the future.

Wow.

You know, a good negotiator with reasonable credit worthiness would have been able to secure fixed-rate loans.

Trump’s a ■■■■ up.

We know.

10TrumpChristmasShutdownExtravaganza

Not sure what “pride” has to do with it. It wasn’t trump’s decision and he doesn’t like it anyway.

Interest rate increases are not designed to “reward” anybody. Borrowers aren’t too happy.

Historically it is the people who are working but feel that they have no voice and can not get ahead no matter how hard they try.

The ones who feel that the system is rigged against them.

2 Likes

The head of the fed believed the economy was healthy enough and raised rates. That decision is a professional one and one not based on politics.

The Fed is always supposed to be divorced from politics. This is not new news. Why isn’t trump proud?

Ask him and I’ll wait right here for the answer.