Trump denies hurricane killed 3k in puerto rico

Causal factor
Contributing factor

Learn.

so the argument is because we cant tell how some of these people died that the 3000 figure is false?

you might wanna tell your favorite politician…

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1040217897703026689

nah. what’s really happening is Trump said something stupid and Trump Republicans just rushed to defend him in any way possible. as usual.

I kind of laughed because my uncle is a pig farmer in NC. Praying they will be ok.

1 Like

Why did you say “naturally” as the other choice? No one is saying that. Just you.

If you are taken to a hospital with lots of gashes and broken bones but die of an infection, the medical records will NOT say that you died of a car accident. They will say you died of a condition that was not present on admission… and the hospital will get a “demerit” for your death.

That was a perfect example. Thanks.

He and I are saying the same things. The hurricane did not kill all those people. Mr Trump and I are in sync.

Apparently. The tactic here is to doubt the report, then ask others to disprove one’s doubt.

It is a false statement to say the hurricane killed 3000 people.

How do you know? Show your work

You show your work. I’ll spend my time posting facts. And the fact is all those who were killed by the hurricane were dead within a few days after it hit. Everyone else was killed by something else.

You made the claim that 3000 people didn’t die from the hurricane… which disputes a well researched report. So the burden is on you to provide proof

When the report came out, did you remain indifferent until you gathered your facts? Or did you instantly doubt the report and start gathering your facts to support your doubt?

oh, there is no doubt that you and Trump are in sync.

No buddy. I met my burden… to show that your well researched report did NOT say the hurricane directly killed thousands. I read the report… the methods, the terminology, etc. They invented a method never before used to measure the number of people directly killed by hurricanes. They are estimating excess mortality … not even measuring but guessing from secondary circumstantial evidence.

Read it yourself.

I’m not backing myself into any corner. You avoided answering the question as to how many suicides, not me.

If a guy wants to walk around with his wiki open…who are we to say anything! :sunglasses:

I read it, I believe it. I see no issues with the way they measure the deaths resulting from the hurricane.

If you disagree then you need to provide a better method of reporting and present your data to the. government. Simply saying “they’ve never used this method before” isn’t proving they are wrong.

None of the studies did anything other than count dead bodies, they made no effort whatsoever to determine cause of death or what lead to those deaths.

I did my research first. I researched known hurricanes, population levels, storm strength, cause of death, and concluded that this “thousands” number was contrived, was inconsistent with every other report of every other hurricane in the history of America, and was likely a political ruse to assign deaths to a hurricane when they should have been assigned to failures primarily in the island and local governments before and after the hurricane.

All you did was link a report.