Trump Comments on Colin Powell's Passing

“Wonderful to see Colin Powell, who made big mistakes on Iraq and famously, so-called weapons of mass destruction, be treated in death so beautifully by the Fake News Media,” Trump said in a statement released Tuesday morning. “Hope that happens to me someday. He was a classic RINO, if even that, always being the first to attack other Republicans. He made plenty of mistakes, but anyway, may he rest in peace!”

Link

In my opinion, this was utterly classless. There are times, moments of opportunity, to set aside enmity and this was one of them. Trump failed.

I wish I could say I was surprised.

7 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. I also believe the fact that this is who he is, is exactly why he lost the election.

2 Likes

I think it looks better either the actual image of it on his “letterhead”. And the “anyway” is just so perfect. Read it out loud and it just sounds so ■■■■■■■ absurd.

Totally tasteless. Totally ignorant. Pure jealousy that this man who accomplished so much and has such respect. And yet would dare speak I’ll of him.

I’m curious what trump voters think about this. I guess it doesn’t move the needle. I mean he’s mocked war heroes and gold star families. Why should this matter?

Has trumped ever once set aside enmity?

1 Like

He didn’t fail. He did what trump does. Nobody expects better of him.

2 Likes

I agree it is who he is. I disagree it is why he lost.

Post it if you wish.

Would this keep me from voting for him over Joe Biden? Absolutely not. I’m not really worried about how the sausage is made.

6 Likes

On my phone. All thumbs with cut and paste in this thing.

Its on brand

How about other GOP nominees? Does character matter?

Agreed.

Nope Dems are evil, literally anyone off the street that is not a “lib” will do…their past, present and future actions do not matter

How is this making sausage? Commenting on the passing of a decorated war veteran who served honorably his country has nothing to do with legislating or running the executive, does it?

This is just common decency.

3 Likes

He didn’t like Powell. Just like he didn’t like McCain. Just like he doesn’t like Liz Cheney.

Anyone who is not 100% behind him goes on the ■■■■ list.

Allan

1 Like

In a twisted way this is why he got as many bites as he did. This is why his base is so devoted.

1 Like

Disagree. Progs are evil.

1 Like

Its part of the appeal yes

Are you part of his “base”?

So policy wise, if I’m getting what I want from the guy, this comment shouldn’t sway my vote at all, right?

6 Likes

Yeah but then the excuse is he isnt a “prog” but he is controlled by them