Trump claim he dug though rumble at ground zero

This was posted in the other thread. Apologies if someone already posted it here.

from your article:

“She became deeply knowledgable on the subject, not just fiscal and administrative details, but also about medical and mental health problems. She was a sponge for knowledge.”

Clinton’s powerful engagement in the 9/11 health cause makes for a strong contrast with how her presidential rival, Donald Trump, spent his time in the wake of the terrorist attacks. He used a loophole in federal funding to help small businesses hurt by the disaster to claim $150,000 in subsidies for a Wall Street real estate project.

Yet when it comes to this year’s presidential race, several of the people who worked closely with Clinton after 9/11 said they were puzzled by her struggle to win over voters. As a senator operating on the ground, and one to one, she came across as an effective and empathetic leader, they said. Writ large across the nation, her persona struggled to come across.

“She may not be the most natural politician,” said former firefighters union president Peter Gorman. “I regret that sometimes she doesn’t come across well in front of a crowd as people don’t know her as so many of us do.”

While they were growing up all [younger officers] heard was this bad stuff about Clinton – the damage has been done

Richard Alles

Alles, the firefighter, put her troubles with popularity in 2016 – she has an unfavorable rating of 55%, according to the RealClearPolitics.com average of polls – down to the criticism she has endured from political opponents and enemies over decades, from Whitewater in the 1990s to Benghazi and the email controversy today. He doubted many of his fellow firefighters would back her in November, as the good work she did after 9/11 has faded from view.

Advertisement

“Younger fire officers aren’t aware of what she did as senator,” he said. “While they were growing up all they heard was this bad stuff about Clinton – the damage has been done.”

1 Like

This was originally posted in the 9/11 thread but it seems out of place especially on a day of remembrance…

Looks like he’s been giddy all morning…
today he can be PRESIDENTIAL…!:joy::joy::joy:

Fist bumps for everyone…

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1039498334594052096
trumps only message to Americans about the devastation of 9/11…trump has the best math skills…

Heeyyyyy…9/11 is cool!

The article sums it up pretty good…

At this point, should we even be shocked?

Im not laughing at trump…I’m laughing at the idiot supporters who condone this nonsense…because we all know he’s crazy as ■■■■…!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m dumbfounded at his actions

Not even shocked anymore…
Its hilarious…

Only one thought comes to mind.

It’s pathetic but they love it…

1 Like

Is it a sign of insanity that I’m not even shocked by his behavior anymore?

I feel the same…

I remember last year when he posted a 9/11 memorial video that showed almost literally nothing about 9/11 and was instead all about Trump.

They should have let him freestyle…

I’ll be honest his speech was a well written speech.

But I was only listening it, and as he often does when he’s forced to be Presidential, he sounded… unenthusiastic? Bored?

Hearing him at his rallies or when he’s really going off script and it’s a completely different person.

Remember when trump lied about seeing people celebrating the towers coming down?

Or when he lied about seeing people jump from the towers?

Oh I remember…
his minions believe his lies like they were the gospel…

1 Like

Melania looking at him like he’s a freaking child.:joy:

Apparently he also lied about helping the first responders at Groind Zero which is just. . .even for a clown like Trump that’s a bit much.

Where are the “Trump is cool” guys?

I’m his replacement…trump is cool.

4 Likes

What’s he supposed to do…the A OK symbol has been taken off the table. All he can do is the old guy white man’s overbite while dancing with this clinched fists or thumbs up. I would suspect that thumbs up will be the next white supremacist thing to go.

Seriously though. It just shows that he does not have the ability to preview in his mind what the actual view point his actions are going to be seen under. The optics are just not good…AGAIN.

1 Like

Yeah, well certain Trump fanbois would remind you on the acting presidential front that Obama wore a tan suit once. Also, Dijon mustard? Seriously?