Trump can't stand to watch Paralympians

He’s too busy doing what exactly? I think that’s the problem everybody has with that explanation. His average daily schedule consists of getting up in the morning and watches Fox & Friends and then watches a few more hours of Fox and then goes on a Twitter rampage

1 Like

do a Google trend analysis on these two words

Olympics
Paralympics

The second hardly registers compared to the first. Why do you think that is?

I think we all know the real reason he could barely watch. LOL at those pretending otherwise.

It’s possible that he can’t watch because he’s completely addled and has the attention span of a flea.

That’s the most generous explanation.

You don’t feel any empathy for soldiers maimed in war? I do.

I imagine it is tough to watch for Trump. People of similar IQ using their life battery to win athletic competition…horrors!

Oh I never said I believed he was too busy. Merely that it was my impression that that’s what he was trying to say.

Or maybe he actually feels for people with disabilities, and that is why he finds it difficult to watch.

I have a tough time watching shows on abducted children…does that make me a horrible human being? Or maybe it’s because I can imagine the hell an abducted child must go through each and every day, and I feel for them?

Why do you always assume the worst when President Trump opens his mouth? He says and does enough stupid stuff to fill books, why add more to it by assuming stuff?

1 Like

Oh gee, I don’t know…maybe because he says stupid, sociopathic things like this.

Comparing watching a show on crime against innocent little children to watching amazing people overcoming their physical handicap is probably a new low in Trumpsplaining.

So you think Trump feels empathy for soldiers maimed in war? Based on what? His contempt and dislike of POW’s for being captured? Dead soldiers whose parents dare speak out against him?

1 Like

Empathy? That wasn’t empathy. That was cringing.

So your claim in the OP is an intentional misrepresentation of what the president actually said.

Why am I not surprised?

Now if his tweet is read with even a minimal amount of fairness.

He’s proud of their efforts and they represented the country well.

He is touched and saddened by their disabilities, pain, and the fact they’ll never lead normal lives and thus it bothers him to watch.

Someone is clearly expressing heartlessness here and it isn’t Trump.

1 Like

It’s so funny watching some on the right throw out their backs straining to misunderstand what Trump obviously meant.

No, but it certainly is sad to see that some of you folks will use anyone and twist anything in an attempt to paint him as the devil. Who’s next, rape victims? Maybe the severely mentally retarded? Maybe stage 4 cancer victims, that’d be a real hoot wouldn’t it.

Yes! And that empathy makes me want to watch them MORE!

Who the hell says ‘oh I feel empathy for this soldier and his injury…I won’t watch him as he overcomes it in a display of bravery and athletic prowess’?

That makes no sense.

First, it wasn’t a tweet. It was a prepared official statement from the White House.

Second, there are a litany of examples of the president being insensitive, so spare us your trumpsplanation and for once be honest how inappropriate and inhumane the man is. Anyone with a modicum of honesty sees Trump for what he is, an awful human being.

I’m not seeing what the problem is here, either. Maybe it was tough to watch because it brought on powerful emotions.

He did not insult, nor refuse to meet, with anyone or acknowledge the paralympians. It appears, should one read the entire article, he praised the paralympians as well.

Appears one part of his speech was taken and the rest thrown away to make it appear he said something he didn’t. Sad.

It was a transcript from his remarks to the athletes.

Trump makes a kind remark to Paralympians and its twisted into an attack. Disgusting.

1 Like