Trump can't stand to watch Paralympians

Another proud moment for our president. This in his remarks welcoming the U.S. Olympic Team. It’s really fantastic and inspiring, but he can only watch a little because it’s tough to take in. What’s the point of saying the bolded? My guess is the sentence was an add-lib, telling us what type of person he really is. Proving again he’s a horrible human being.

"…So today, on behalf of the United States, I want to thank every Olympian and Paralympian. And what as just incredible. And what happened with the Paralympics was so incredible and so inspiring to me. And I watched — it’s a little tough to watch too much, but I watched as much as I could. It was really fantastic, and I want to thank you. You traveled all the way to South Korea and you displayed just incredible strength, representing three very beautiful letters: U-S-A. They are three beautiful letters.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-welcoming-u-s-olympic-team/

Good lord, that man is an idiot.

1 Like

I hope he never attends any events at the Special Olympics.

Gimps should be in the freak show, not competing in the Olympics.

Allan

What a dumb ass.

He is just misunderstood

He’s a dumb ass.

1 Like

You just don’t get it…the man is just deep

1 Like

I love watching the Paralympics those people are true competitors overcoming hardship.

Is this one of those times where I’m supposed to take him literally or take him seriously?

Umm, what’s the problem? I assume he found it a little tough to watch, because many of them were military vets who are paralympians because they were injured in war. He went on to praise them in no uncertain terms farther into his comments.

from https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-welcoming-u-s-olympic-team/

We’re also honored to be joined by the incredible paralympians, whose skill and grit and achievement are truly astounding. We’re especially proud of the 18 military veterans of the U.S. Paralympic Team. Where are they? Can you raise your hand? (Applause.)

What did you assume he meant by it? I see no problem with his being proud of their accomplishments while also being saddened by their losses.

Holy hell - I thought that was Onion.

Lol…thats funny

Putting on the Paralympics is one of the best things ever.

Allan

Given Donald’s lifelong struggle with the King’s English, I’m inclined to interpret that as him saying it was tough for him to watch because he’s so busy.

That said, it’s remarkable how socially awkward the man truly is.

That’s only a c for average trumplaining, gotta do better than that.

Allan

special Olympics are also an amazing event.

Why on earth would that make it hard to watch?

That’s a terrible explanation. I think @Blackwolf is right, and Trump just meant he was too busy.

I don’t think the problem is just that he’s a dumbass but also that he’s an ■■■■■■■■