Trump can't block Twitter followers, federal judge tells our 12yo President

“This case requires us to consider whether a public official may, consistent with the First Amendment, ‘block’ a person from his Twitter account in response to the political views that person has expressed, and whether the analysis differs because that public official is the President of the United States,” the judge said in her opinion.

“The answer to both questions is no.”

Oh well. Maybe he can use Snapchat to take insulting pics of other politicians/investigators/reporters and share them with his crew. That’ll keep the people who want access to the POTUS’s Twitter comments from seeing what he’s really talking about/saying.

This is the most immature/insecure President of our lifetime. Nixon once held that title but he was more mature than Trump.

3 Likes

correct he cant block people as Potus…Private accounts he can…

lololol i swear we are in bizarro world…

Why didn’t he just mute them? It’s like using the ignore feature in the old forum. You could put someone on ignore so you don’t see their posts, but they still were able to see yours. Also, the person didn’t know they were on ignore unless the poster told them.

Muting people on Twitter works the same way. This would have been an easy solution. Either he didn’t know about it, or wanted to make a show of blocking his critics.

1 Like

Yeah, I am reading this and going, What ■■■■■■■■■ time line have a walked into? Our President is not only a Twitter troll, but the thin-skinned kind. Just awful.

You know, I have avoided getting on Twitter because I despise what it has done to the English language. Perhaps it is time to rethink that strategy. :rofl:

I actually find Twitter much more useful than other social media for knowing what is going on politically. This story showed up on my Twitter feed awhile ago, it’s why I came here to comment.

I don’t use Facebook or Instagram at all now. Just twitter, and mostly for political reasons.

3 Likes

Boston Globe reporting that this the judge ruled his personal account is “governmental”.

We should look at it as a learning experience on how children act.

probably because that doesn’t send the muted person a message saying they’ve been muted. with the block he can giggle and stomp his feet knowing the user will see “you’ve been blocked”

Yes, that’s likely why he did it. Childish as usual.

Let’s piggyback on this one. First, yes, he’s a thin skinned ■■■■■■ He can certainly dish it but whines like a bitch when someone dishes back.

Secondly, everyone had a ■■■■ fit around here with Obama’s cell phone. How come we don’t hear a peep from Trumpists about Herr Trump’s use of unsecured cell phones? Especially for his infantile Twitter rages?

they ■■■■ their pants when Obama finally got on twitter

This is a great question.

But I am starting to suspect maybe that the right’s prior obsession with cell phone and communications protocol wasn’t entirely on the level.

Yeah, Spicey established that early on.

because her emails…

1 Like

I believe that is the real reason, honestly Joanne.

yep, just as there were folks on the old forum that just HAD to make a big to-do and announce that they had put someone on ignore

1 Like

If he is using it in a presidential manner than yes

There was a reason for it sometimes…