Trump cancels Pelosi's flight

So trump goes overseas to visit the troops during shutdown…good

Pelosi goes overseas to visit the troops during shutdown…bad

Got your number…

Allan

Some context : Of 7,222 Secret Service employees, 5,978 are considered essential and would have to work unpaid during a shutdown.

Majority of SS is still working without pay. how many of the 1200 will need to be recalled for the one even?

The official said security planning for the State of the Union started months ago, before the shutdown began.

So we should waste all the money and time that has already been spent to prepare for the address?

Oh and it’s a nice source for the info:

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/longest-government-shutdown/h_c607418c851bacccaa79a9d9acf6fe88

Since CNN is credible for you lefties :smiley:

Leader of the free world is a 285lb. toddler.

How am I supposed to know? It’s obvious that the state of the union requires significant planning and logistics. That’s all you need to know.

Hard to see how any money has been spent on the planning. The government has been shut down and no money has been spent.

Your quote says nothing about the SS being able to do anything “easily”.

She is not the President of the United States. He has come off looking petty and vindictive.

But as long as his supporters continue to make excuses for him he will continue.

Each day Trump looks less and less like a leader.

That implies that at some point, he did look like a leader. I’m not so sure about that.

Most secret service agents are on the job.

Planning has been taking place for MONTHS for the event. Shut down is under a month so the rest of the planning before the shutdown should be wasted?

“The Department of Homeland Security and the US Secret Service are fully prepared to support and secure the State of the Union. We thank the Service for their mission focus and dedication and for all they do each day to secure our homeland,”

https://twitter.com/SecNielsen/status/1085619181477904385

He was never a leader. He fired people by tweet, hires horrible people, has his henchmen deliver termination letters, and so forth.

He it the textbook definition of a terrible leader.

The shutdown is just magnifying how terrible he is at leadership.

1 Like

Too bad for Donny. Nancy’s House, Nancy’s Rules.

Let him have it in the WH. He can feed them the left over Hamberders.

1 Like

There’s a little bit of nuance here why they are totally different. The SOTU hasn’t been cancelled by Pelosi, whereas the military aircraft itinerary was cancelled by Trump. Action vs suggestion.

1 Like

Yeah, it takes months because it’s super “easy”.

I know. They’ll do it if asked. But it’s unnecessary and therefore they shouldn’t be asked. The government is shut down and should only do what is essential.

I like how the Trump administration is trying to cover up the fact that the government is shut down before anyone notices though. At least now the can stop pretending that it’s no big deal.

SOTU has been postponed.

Allan

.>
When did Trump decide to postpone the SOTU?

He is free to do a SOTU on the 29th, or any day he chooses.
.>>>>

I am going to say something wild.

I think it’s irresponsible to give away the travel plans for the third highest ranking official in our government to visit a war zone. I also think it’s beyond ■■■■■■ to call a trip to visit troops a policity stunt. I remember when most on this board would have agreed.

2 Likes

Now cut their pays and their staffs pay.

They had been preparing for this for over a month. It was done. And they would eventually be paid for any work that was performed. It was Nancy having a tizzy fit, not the secret service or police.

It’s all done? Sorry but I’m pretty sure you just made that up. It’s not done and it still requires everyone on the ground on the night. Far more people than would otherwise be required.

Do you consider Trump giving a state of the union to be an essential function of government?

When will they be paid for their extra work?

That’s really nice, Doug.

1 Like

Not a good look for Americans. Democrats have put a whiney old woman in the speakership and Republicans have put a whiney old man in the oval office. Bravo America…Bravo

2 Likes

.>
Trump and Peolosi should just get a room and get it over with.
.>>>>