Trump cancels military parade, plans to attend parade in Paris

Kind of weird that somebody talked some sense into him.

Donald J. Trump
:heavy_check_mark:
@realDonaldTrump
The local politicians who run Washington, D.C. (poorly) know a windfall when they see it. When asked to give us a price for holding a great celebratory military parade, they wanted a number so ridiculously high that I cancelled it. Never let someone hold you up! I will instead…

7:57 AM - Aug 17, 2018
10.1K people are talking about this

Donald J. Trump
:heavy_check_mark:
@realDonaldTrump
…attend the big parade already scheduled at Andrews Air Force Base on a different date, & go to the Paris parade, celebrating the end of the War, on November 11th. Maybe we will do something next year in D.C. when the cost comes WAY DOWN. Now we can buy some more jet fighters!

8:10 AM - Aug 17, 2018
8,671 people are talking about this

I can almost see the rusty wheels in his head spinning and smoking, eighty million for a parade, that’s ridiculous, it shouldn’t cost much to march some guys down the street. Uh Mr President, that high cost is to handle the crowds, not to pay the marchers.

1 Like

Bravo Mr President. This is why America elected you. There’s no doubt Hillary would have demanded a parade down Pennsylvania Ave. This is what Conservatism looks like.

2 Likes

There’s no way he cancelled it. This is him saving face because the Pentagon had postponed it. Not to mention, he’s blatantly saying that this parade that only he wanted was taking money away from procurement. So why did Trump want less money for procurement just so big tanky things could rumble down the road in front of him? I think that’s a legitimate question for the Commander in Chief.

2 Likes

“Trump said “local politicians” in D.C. were responsible for the cost in announcing the cancelation, though he offered no specific evidence”

What a ****** ******……

Can he ever do anything without blaming democrats/Obama or saying (lying) how whatever he’s doing is 10x better than it was under Obama.

3 Likes

:point_up_2:

Poor Donald. Maybe he can have two scoops tonight as a consolation.

Lol at the Pentagon people had to scramble to start to come up with plans, based on some offhand remark by him, and now he just cancels the whole damn thing with a pout and a stamp of his tiny foot on Twitter.

Can’t stop laughing!

3 Likes

two biggestal99 scoops (those are huge scoops)

Allan

They’re going to have to move a lot of tents to have a parade in Paris.

Does this mean that we are invading France?

That is going to cost a lot more.

As a DC resident, whose local taxes would have gone to pay for this, I’m glad it’s not happening.

2 Likes

“Fine! If I can’t have my own parade, I’ll go watch my buddy Macrons! Why can he have a parade but I can’t? It’s not faaaaaiiiiiiir.”

2 Likes

That’s one thing we really haven’t covered here. Anytime a boss or a CEO or the president starts making comments or telling people to investigate stuff it takes time, effort and money.

Here’s what I started doing to a similar person 35 years ago (that was my boss). I’d look at him, tell him I was on it then park it on my desk. He sent me on a wild goose chase too many times and I simply got tired of it.

Trump: I’m only going to spend $9 million taxpayer dollars on a totally needless trip (vacation) to Paris to watch a parade than spend $92 million taxpayers dollars on a totally needless military parade here at home.

Yay me!

1 Like

No.

10 freaking characters.

His fascination with the Bastille Day Parade is pretty ironic… Who wants to bet he has no idea of the history behind the storming of the Bastille?

1 Like

:laughing:

Oh yeah.

:laughing:

I imagine the CEC talking point will now be “oh now libs want a parade!”

All he knows is that those big shiny jets, tanks, and men marching by make him feel bigly. Did you know his parents once sent him to military school? Which as many, many people agree is often more like the military than the actual military. So in a real sense, Donald’s just reliving his days as a soldier when he plans parades.

2 Likes