Trump cancels Eagles visit over Anthem controversy

I’ve always had a soft spot for Life’s Been Good

Did the hero who caused all this controversy put on a uniform? I’m talking about captain bone spurs.

1 Like

Imagine what political discourse would be like in this country if most conservatives held Trump to even like 20% of the standard they do everyone else.

Fox “News” fanning the flames:

In the latest episode of President Trump vs. The NFL, the president disinvited the Philadelphia Eagles from a White House visit because of what the president claimed was the Eagles’ history of “disrespectful” protests. Fox News chimed in with a report on the story, supplemented with images of Eagles players. There was just one problem: the Fox News report painted a highly inaccurate picture of the Eagles, presenting prayer as protest.

UPDATE: Fox News has apologized. “During our report about President Trump canceling the Philadelphia Eagles’ trip to the White House to celebrate their Super Bowl win, we showed unrelated footage of players kneeling in prayer,” said Christopher Wallace, Executive Producer of Fox News @ Night with Shannon Bream in a statement. “To clarify, no members of the team knelt in protest during the national anthem throughout regular or post-season last year. We apologize for the error.”

That has nothing to do with my post. FOX messed up bigly by trying to claim they had kneed with a pre-game prayer shot. I suggest they can all blister their knees…for all I care…in a future tense.

See how close attention we pay the NFL these days?

Will the resident CNN haters come here to bash Fox News over this article? Cause if I remember correctly, several posters here bashed CNN for posting false information. redacting it, then apologizing.

Now Fox is doing it. Crickets?

You will not get a response.

Another poster who is selective with replies. Doesn’t fit with is narrative of “haters of Trump”.

It’s more than playing to the base. It’s this whole thing about controlling the narriative and fogging up the dialog. If Trump was intelligent or did his research, he would have known the Eagles never knelt. He’s a simple-minded man with simple-minded supporters. He doesn’t care what he says and either do his supporters. As long as he gets applause, everything’s fine.

I need to get one of those. :slight_smile:

Fox pays the nfl the big bucks

Allan

I’m bothered by Trump for many reasons, but disinviting the Eagles because they don’t pass the Trump patriotic test is worrisome! This is no longer about a company telling employees how they must act to stay employed. It’s a modern day version of keeping he boy down. Saddening!
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/04/trump-says-philadelphia-eagles-wont-attend-white-house-ceremony-amid-national-anthem-dispute.amp.html

GOOD!! Nobody is keeping anybody down but themselves when they refuse to stand for the flag.

Sure, Trump is. This is no longer about business but now dictating how to be patriotic. All libitarians should be up in arms!!

Meanwhile a group of 1,000 fans are still invited to attend an event that will honor our great country, pay tribute to the heroes who fight to protect it, and loudly and proudly play the National Anthem.

1 Like

Trump leaned on Jerry Jones and Bob McNair and other NFL owners directly to get their ******* in line, so they did.

And Trump will keep on ripping on and attacking the NFL because it helps him with his retrograde supporters. Donald Trump is the thug who goes around and demands “fire insurance” from businesses, the businesses pay, and Trump still burns it down.

Kind of poetic justice for Trump,supporting NFL owners.

3 Likes

Well since Glenn Frey died they kinda went their separate ways.

I wonder how many players feel honored to be disinvited by Trump.

Living it up at the Hotel Mar-a-lago…

No issue with this. Don Henley and Joe Walsh can piss right off.

Dammit I thought I was in with the first joke of this ilk…

Think about this post. Trying to force people to be “patriotic.” You don’t know history.

2 Likes