Trump Calls On Barr to "Act" on Biden Before Election Day

Why talk in absolutes? What not hold the party you support up to a standard higher then the partY you dislike?

You were wrong of course again. It happens often when trying to do whataboutism.

1 Like

Trumpists are all in on it.

Gonna have to kick Trumpism to the dark corners of American political life. Just like we did with the slavers and the fascists in the 40s. They always come scurrying back, but we usually can get a generation or two of them whimpering in the dark. Granted, this time, they’ll have a Supreme Court majority to help keep the lights on for a while, but even that court will try couch its darkest impulses in some feel good language.

Gonna be a bumpy ride, but it’s got to be done.

7 Likes

Even the liberal New Republic thought it was stupid at the time:

Bill Clinton Can’t Help Himself

Note: there’s exactly zero evidence that Bill Clinton—who was not the President of the United States—discussed anything of substance with Lynch, who apologized afterwards:

“People have a whole host of reasons to have questions about how we in government do our business,” Ms. Lynch said at an Aspen Institute conference in Colorado. “My meeting on the plane with former President Clinton could give them another reason to have questions and concerns.”

And she said as a result, she would she would accept whatever recommendations career prosecutors and the F.B.I. director made about whether to bring charges in the case.

But Bill Clinton was not the ■■■■■■■ President, nor—again—is there any evidence that anything unethical actually occurred. I guess we’ll wait for Trump’s apology, though.

In contrast, what Trump is doing is flat-out authoritarian banana-republic ■■■■■■■■■ Rather than parse, deflect, and both-sides it, why not just say: YEAH. I WANT TRUMP AND BARR TO DO THIS?

3 Likes

My emphasis.

The President of the United States pressuring the US attorney general to indict/prosecute a political opponent and an ex-President a couple weeks before an election is definitely a “thing.”

No, it is not.

Okay, Henry James. Spell it out for the slow kids: I have no idea what this means.

The caveat. I fixed it.

My name is not Henry James.

gotta love and support his policies

1 Like

We’ll wait for the chorus of reflective and circumspect Republicans to say: Hey, maybe this is over the line. That is, we can wait for two seconds and stop waiting because it’s never going to happen—at least while Trump is still in office. Later, we’ll hear most of these people swear they were always against his cartoonishly obvious abuses of power because something something he was a liberal anyway.

9 Likes

Much like Jeff Flake on his call or John Corryn silently opposing Trump. The lying to ones self is sad and disgusting. We are going to see a lot of it.

2 Likes

Cornyn’s already trying to walk his massive, massive collaboration back.

2 Likes

Ignoring the fact that the Justice Department disagrees with you, what exactly is the crime? Please only answer if you’re going to tell me what the crime Biden should be indicted for is.

1 Like

Libs are so different and morally superior to everyone else we are truly fortunate to have you © deign to favor us with your © presence.

1 Like

Crime? Collusion.

Knew you couldn’t do it. Lol

2 Likes

Crap like this is why I didn’t vote for Clinton, and crap like this is why I voted for Biden. While you are saying “Libs didn’t have a problem back then,” people like me are running for the hills from your candidate.

1 Like

Oh so Trump is just asking questions publicly ordering Barr to indict Biden. What has happened to you guys.

2 Likes

Why would I? It’s not a thing. Trump talks out of his ass.

Heh, heh.