Trump Calls On Barr to "Act" on Biden Before Election Day

Today, in totally normal news that’s cool, the President has been calling on the US attorney general to “act”—indict, prosecute—his political opponents in the two weeks before the election.

The president made the remark during an interview with “Fox & Friends,” after days of caustic criticism of Mr. Biden, the moderators of the presidential debates, the news media and, increasingly, Mr. Barr. He recently said the attorney general would go down in history “as a very sad, sad situation” if he did not indict Democrats like Mr. Biden and former President Barack Obama LINK

Remember back in 2016, when an ex-president with no power meeting with an attorney general caused pearl-clutching, fainting, and vapors? As a writer in The National Review noted, the optics alone were disqualifying:

That means the appearance that everything is on the up-and-up is just as important as the fact that it is. The most critical thing about decisions the system reaches is not that they are right but that we can have confidence they are arrived at in good faith. LINK

And let’s not forget the coverage at the time, which contrasts nicely with the current situation:

There’s no real furor now, in part, because this tire-fire-on-a-shipwreck of an administration destroyed all expectations for ethical behavior years ago.

Is everyone cool with the President pressuring the AG to prosecute a political opponent two weeks before the election?

6 Likes

Golf shoes.

Male member.

Sprinkler.
All I can say.
.WW, PSHS

5 Likes

Just one of the many reasons I am not voting for Trump.

1 Like

This is totally something that happens in a healthy functioning democracy.

6 Likes

When Trump talks like this—which is most of the time—it’s best to imagine his voice coming over a crackling speaker, broadcast from a state radio station, where he has an old-timey hand-held microphone and talks about how the rebellion the mountains must be crushed before the rainy season.

9 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, we have an executive branch attempting to run this nation as a banana republic.

Let that sink in for a minute.

2 Likes

Libs tears or something all the while some whine that they are going to be abused by democrats.

2 Likes

This is what it looks like when a President goes sideways.

One called for it. Two did it.

1 Like

That’s one thing I’ll give Trump - he can whine better than anyone I’ve ever seen.

4 Likes

But Trump hugs flags, so…

1 Like

Oh cool. Liberals finally have a problem with this. I remember a much different reaction back in 2016.

3 Likes

Oh look trying to compare apples with rotten maggot infested garbage.

7 Likes

Feels like you can’t even say this is not a great thing.

6 Likes

Was the meeting of Lynch and Clinton not completely and thoroughly explained away and defended at the time? I seem to recall that quite vividly. Nobody on the left even batted an eye.

1 Like

My favorite thing about this is that Trump is doing that threaten your job if you don’t do what I want thing he always does to Barr like things aren’t going like they are.

Guys guys guys he’s just asking publicly for the attorney general to indict his political opponent two weeks before Election Day. This is totally cool.

9 Likes

It’s not a thing at all.

It’s really dreadful, but it seems even Barr has drawn the line at this one. His silence is deafening.

If there is a reason to indict, the election is no reason not to.

No one is above the law.

1 Like