Trump call for new elections in Arizona

Well, I certainly don’t take Donald seriously - in any shape, form, or manner…:grinning:

nothing but libs today where did the good guys go

Trump supporters are a bunch of crying babies. They lose the mid terms and then give up.

Echo chambers can be wonderfully comforting in the short term, terribly boring in the long term.

Probably some safe space

i like you guys even though we disagree i dont see whats the problem

1 Like

The only time democrats win elections in when fraud is involved.

There is no excuse for being slow. Either you are prepared to do a job or you aren’t? Slow allows the integrity of the election to be questioned…as it is now. There is no excuse except incompetence or illegal activity…period and in my world…NEITHER is acceptable.

Slow and steady.

There’s nothing wrong with taking time to do something right.

Go Arizona!

I disagree, there is an excuse for being slow and there are external factors that limit how well you can prepare to do a job.

How fast you can be is a function of volume (ballots to be cast/ballots to be counted) v. manpower to perform those tasks.

Manpower is a function of budget. If you don’t have a budget from the legislature to perform those tasks, you don’t have the manpower to perform those tasks.

If the legislature provides a minimal budget, then that means minimal staff, minimal staff means more time to process high volumes.

Simple logic.

.>>>>

2 Likes

Sinema up 28000 now.

4 Likes

Then the priority and funding given the job was inadequate. There are no acceptable excuses my friend…only excuses. The integrity of our voting system “trumps” everything else…period.

Or the actual reason, that every mail in ballot goes through a signature verification process. Signatures that are determine to not match, then allow the voter to challenge the verification…

3 Likes

Then you forecast what lies ahead and plan for it. Either those doing the forecasting or the planning fell way short of being competent…and it really is that simple.

The ONLY reason you are even hearing about this is because the elections are so close in Arizona, Florida and Georgia. There is usually a large enough difference in the votes for the candidates that mail in ballots, provisional ballots, etc. won’t change the final result. That’s not the case in these states this year.

3 Likes

That could be but it doesn’t allow for these excuses and the damage being done to the integrity of our voting system. Who wins is unimportant as compared to the vote honestly represents the will of the people…without government interference. What’s happening right now is catastrophic IMO and could very well lead to civil unrest that was totally avoidable.

The bottom line must remain that an accurate count of vote tallies is paramount.

I wonder who is in charge of budgeting for elections in Arizona? I know they have an R Governor and I assume a majority R legislature. Hmmm…

The bigger issue is the perception than the actual integrity of our voting system. Counting EVERY valid vote IS upholding the integrity of the election system. Part of the problem is all the safeguards that states have mandated to prevent “voter fraud” make the process slow for some use cases.

The veracity of this statement cannot be understated. Provisional and mail in ballots ALWAYS take longer to count.

Think back to 2016 and California. Hillary gained a couple of million votes well after the election was called for Trump and she had concede to his victory. That’s just the way it is, machines cannot do it all and in very close elections, taking longer to make a call is NOT evidence of fraud.