Trump Budget Boogaloo 2019 Edition

Drain the swamp! Haha.

And Donald sure as hell isn’t going to deliver fiscal responsibility to his supporters.

Another promise forsaken, and still they fawn.

2 Likes

But they’ll gladly cheer cuts to Medicare and education so the rich can have some more money.

1 Like

The same people seem to make this juvenile comment in thread after thread, and have it explained to them just as much, but still think this is some sort of meaningful post.

In many ways, you’re right. This is today’s Republican party.

Well that’s not true. Even today. There will be some Rs who will likely vote against whatever budget Congress crafts, just like they voted against past CRs because they were too debt-ladened.

Never enough to affect anything or to effect anything. But they’re still in there. And they’re Rs.

As outliers, THEY can be argued to be the RINOs now.

Where is the Tea Party?

Explained to them how?

I was told on this very board that dems are lying when they says that Trump will cut Medicaid. Is like an explanation of at all possible

I think his point has always been that the tea party tried during Obama and it didn’t work so there’s no reason to try again under Trump.

It’s some excuse like that but I can’t remember exactly what.

If there are any true fiscal conservatives left, they’re as common as a unicorn.

Trumps own budget runs deficits for 15 years.

I remember during the Tea Party peak people calling for a balanced budget amendment. Yet the GOP can’t even draft a balanced budget.

Unfortunately it’s going to be deficits forever.

No, it’s just pointing out how full of ■■■■ those tea party, fiscal conservative people are.

1 Like

imo, they’re just trying to find any excuse possible to explain why the Tea Party rose during Obama and stays silent during Trump.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen your explanation. Indulge me, please.

The Tea Partiers from the Obama Presidency are now Trump Republicans.

1 Like

The tea party movement pushed tea party candidates into office, and those politicians were duly crushed by the GOP establishment. Boehner removed them from committees and marginalized them in congress. The RNC put its full weight into primarying them the next time around. The rebellion was crushed.

Where are the grassroots to push new ones in? Fingers burned and eyes poked out by our own party, we’ve been relegated to taunts from folks like you. Have fun with it.

We still decry the debts and deficits, no less so than ever. We just have no representation to speak of.

Okay, that explains how the movement’s political power was neutered by the GOP.

It doesn’t explain why there aren’t grassroots protests about fiscal responsibility on the same scale as when Obama was in office. They’re so discouraged they just gave up?

1 Like

Yes, I did. “Fingers burned and eyes poked out…”

What’s the point?

A lot of energy went into getting the few we got in there.

Maybe we should try lib tactics of rioting and looting and pooping on cop cars.

1 Like

Go with what works.

Just seems strange to have fizzled out, when the debt was allegedly their biggest concern and Donald is building it at a record pace. I assume most Tea Party people voted for Donald. He’s not “establishment,” according to his base - why aren’t they in full riot mode and “pooping on cop cars” when the man they sent to DC to counter all this is only accelerating the process?

To be honest they were always just regular ole republicans. They will always be regular ole republicans. All these labels are just to make themselves feel good.

Precisely.

Pooping on cars is what some from your side considers effective.

Laying low until better opportunities present themselves is what the tea party is doing.

Trump is bigger than all of libdom. You can’t move him with all the power you have at your disposal. And he’s certainly bigger than the tea party. When faced with that, and with a hostile GOP (who SHOULD be an ally), it’s a fool’s game to engage against those odds.