Trump buckles to domestic pressure, USMCA being re-negotated with a number of changes

Not buying it.

The lying dems are trying to take credit for Trump’s trade deal.

Not surprising at all.

2 Likes

I dunno, the Democrats about to swipe credit for the one thing Trump was desperate to push through to run on in 2020 while they simultaneously introduce articles of impeachment is unusually clever and tactical for Democrats.

Maybe the caucus is actually united behind something other than the fear of Nancy Pelosi ending their careers.

My guess is that the dimwit Dem majority in the HOR will rework it to the point that does not benefit the USA so that President Trump will not agree to it and then they use that in their lying campaign ads. It’s crystal clear that the Democrats only care about a nation they can control and are more authoritarian then patriotic.

The Democrats and the Administration have already agreed to the negotiated changes. Envoys have already been sent to both Mexico and Canada to finalize the re-worked changes.

2 Likes

Not surprised, the draft seemed rushed for optics.

1 Like

Buckling to the unions.

Lol

Folded like a cheap tent to get it done.

Allan

And the GOP senate seem none too pleased with this deal. https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/473762-gop-senators-worry-trump-made-problematic-concessions-in-trade-deal

And where does this information come from exactly, the MSM! :roll_eyes: I hope you’re right and everything goes smoothly but experience tells me to “believe it when I see it” because it’s crystal clear that Dems do not operate in the best interest of the nation and their TDS sickness outweighs what little patriotism they may have left in their seditious bones. :angry:

The deal trump sent them had virtually no enforcement mechanisms. Which is a big issue with NAFTA. The dems wanted enforcement.

1 Like

That article displays the challenges of running as a populist republican.

Is McClatchy a good enough source? There are plenty others if you need them.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article238204999.html

Trump sending Jared Kushner to Mexico in final stage of USMCA trade talks

Jared Kushner will travel to Mexico on Tuesday to finalize talks over a revised North American trade pact after reaching a tentative agreement with Republican and Democratic lawmakers to ratify its passage, two administration officials told McClatchy.

Kushner, son-in-law and senior adviser to President Donald Trump, will travel with U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer, who has led an effort on Capitol Hill to negotiate a path toward ratification.

Of course they are or at least they are taking enough credit to make his input subservient.

I say let them have it and get the deal done. If the changes benefit organized US labor then that is a bonus for me.

They can get back to verbally kicking Trump as soon as the ink dries.

:construction:

After this agreement there will only be three major pieces of legislation passed during Trump’s 4 years- The prison justice bill, tax cuts and the USMCA.

The Dems both pushed for the prison justice bill and this newly updated USMCA. Two out of three pieces of legislation Dems pushed for and supported. Good stuff!

Kushner? Lol. Are they trying to scuttle this at the last minute.

2 Likes

Like I said above, weirdly clever and strategic on the part of Democrats, who are usually barely an organized political party.

ETA: oh and the tax cut bill was a complete failure as a talking point in 2018.

1 Like

:rofl:

Maybe that is the plan?

And they’ve scuttled the R talking point that impeachment means other government business cannot get done.

After a delay longer than what it took for the Ukraine funding to be released.

:construction:

So far his biggest accomplishment in the White House, despite having a portfolio that would make Dick Cheney blush with envy, is that he convinced Trump to fire Comey.

1 Like

What date did the white house officially sent it to the hill?

1 Like