Trump Bemoans Military Spending

Today, Trump bemoaned the fact that we have spent $716 billion on defense spending this year.

I don’t even know where to begin with this tweet. Because of this tweet:

or this one

or this one

or this one

1 Like

He’s a childish liar who is easily influenced by the last person to talk to him.

That’s where I would start.

2 Likes

Guess who talked to him last? Putin.

2 Likes

wow. that’s crazy considering his past tweets.

I actually agree with fat donald on this.

Today you do. Someone will tell him something different tomorrow and he’ll be back to saying we need to spend more for the military.

No doubt but I would love to see what trump supporters think of statement. I wonder if tgey agree with this or not.

Well, the latest iteration of fat donald, correct? You have to re-run the algorithm each day.

1 Like

It’s astounding to me anyone can still support this drooling imbecile.

Well, this is republicans you are talking about so…

Finally, we have a President that loves and supports our troops! God bless Donald Trump!

Woops! Sorry, wrong thread.

1 Like

I don’t think any cuts should be to the pay of anyone in the military, there are plenty of other places to cut. But I was pretty surprised to find out yesterday that my Nephew who is enlisted in the Navy has purchased a half million plus house with a $3,000 a month mortgage payment for him and his little girl to live in.

So my Brother and I agree that pay seems to have improved since the days we were in.

The trumpbags support everything trump says even when he makes contradicting comments…

It’s all about the doublethink…

I wonder what his BAH is.

The problem is he plused up the military budget and bragged about it. He’s a dumb ass.

An online calculator I just found puts it between 1,000 and 1,100.

Good for him I say. But my problem with compensation for military members is with with the 20 and out pensions and healthcare for life benefits. It’s ridiculous.

But, but… I thought he cared about the military, UNLIKE the last guy!

Pepperidge farm remembers

I’ll give you a little controversy back, I’ll never forgive (President Barack Obama) for what he did to our US military. It was depleted, and I had to fix it," Trump said. “What he did to our military made this country very unsafe for you and you and you.”

I bemoan military spending too.

Yet as it stands right now, when we’re in an arms race with other superpowers we have to keep pace with them (or better, OUTpace them.) It’s a harsh reality of being a superpower.

Therefore I don’t see a contradiction in ramping up spending while at the same time seeking a chance to negotiate a halt to the arms race.

Looks like someone (Xi, Putin) sent him a love letter!