Trump attacks McCain over dossier, Meghan McCain swipes back

Is that the day you crush up and snort tons of Adderall?

Asking for a friend.

1 Like

I agree with you. He is a bad person who is uninterested and unqualified to hold the office of POTUS. A bad person.

1 Like

“Last in his class” has nothing to do with the dossier and you know it.

Typical cheap shot cowardice from this deplorable man, but feel free to ignore or worse defend it.

1 Like

Trump comes at you with everything he has. McCain went after him with everything he had.

But he’s dead, so no foul???

Hardly. McCain AGAIN helped to put Trump and everyone else in this country through three years of hell, and it still isn’t over.

McCain also helped to bankrupt several others who have shelled out their life saving defending themselves, like Carter Page, whose only sin was being on Trump’s campaign. Didn’t matter to McCain who else was hurt if he could hurt Trump. That’s dispicable.

I’m sorry, but he deserves all the scorn he is now enjoying. In the aggregate, he will be remembered for both his war record and for his misdeeds - as we all will be rememebred for all we do.

M

Enjoy your champion, then. I have a feeling that, in the long term, he will weigh around his supporters’ necks like a rotting albatross.

1 Like

It isn’t about champions. It is about reality.

McCain is both people and he earned that. No one else made him do it. Stop making him YOUR champion, and being blind to his faults.

M

What purpose did taking that shot against McCain serve? Did it make Donald appear heroic, or even just mature, or even intelligent? Can you acknowledge that it ultimately does him no good to behave the way he does?

1 Like

Did trump say he likes people who aren’t captured because of a dossier? No. A health care vote? No. He did it because he’s annoyed at people talking about McCain’s service and saying good things about a person that isn’t nice to him. Does it matter that his comments can be taken to not just McCain but all people who serve and can get captured? Does the wider scope of how awful his comments were matter? No, because in the moment he wanted to say something that gets a lot of attention and is intentionally cruel.

4 Likes

Can you acknowledge that it ultimately does him little harm? We all know who he is and we all know what he is like to those who go after him. He shows no mercy.

The press want to paint McCain as an unassailable god-like figure and he wasn’t. Trump wants his people to know that, so that when the press assails Trump in McCain’s name, they can dismiss it.

He’s as subtle as a sledge-hammer but he’s not wrong and he is effective in tarring his enemies.

They certainly tar him, all they can.

M

I acknowledge that his asinine childishness not only does him little harm among his base, but they adore him for it.

And you still can’t bring yourself to answer the question.

1 Like

Damnit!

Let me tell you something.

I saw George Bush’s enemies tar him and call him the worst things imaginable and he rose above it, never hitting back.

That was a mistake. By the time his presidency ended he had been marginalized by all the tarring he had stoically endured.

I don’t want a president who is going to roll over and let himself be savaged and marginalized, until he is no longer able to be effective.

If Trump swings back that is the way it has to be. He only has almost the entire press against him, as well as almost all of acedemia. Congressional Dems wouldn’t even show up for his innauguration. So, they can all be petty and spiteful and relentlessly hateful but he has to be George Bush 2.0?

Sorry. No.

M

1 Like

Great post! :fist:

I want a president who is willing to spread jokes about his opponents wife being ugly and that their father killed a u.s. president.

That’s a man who fights back!

I’d hardly call an investigation to get to the bottom of the matter “three years of hell.” That’s the way this stuff works. Stuff comes to light, it has to be investigated, and then things can move forward from there.

Several arrests have already been made as a result of the investigation. We’ll see what else comes from Mueller’s investigation, then we can move forward from there.

That’s the way these things work.

1 Like

It worked.

As I said - enjoy. It’ll bite you in the ass in the long term.

So we have someone who was actually around the forum then, vs someone who bases their entire argument on “I imagine” and “I bet”. Hmmm - who is credible here???

1 Like

The fact that worked says a great deal about the state of conservative America and little else.

It worked against republicans for republicans. The argument that it needs to be done because the press, academia, congressional Dems are mean to him seems like an excuse for horrible behavior in an attempt to justify it. Well he has to!

Trump rallies the worst in people but that’s not enough, he wants you to say it’s the best.