Trump attacks McCain over dossier, Meghan McCain swipes back

The evidence that McCain helped to shop around the dossier is new.

That is why the President is bringing it up, now. It needs to be out there, along with everything else that stunk up the place related to the dossier.

The dossier is at the heart of some of the worst abuses by the federal goverment in our lifetime and everyone who had a hand in promulgating it should be held to account.

And that certainly now includes McCain.

M

I don’t know about how people loved McCain or not, but he was a bit of a back stabber with that dossier. He had no idea what in it was true or who had paid for it, but he was willing to use it for his own political purposes. Trump is justified in whatever he says about McCain regarding this incident.

Not that Trump wouldn’t likely have done the same thing.

Lets see I remember the left accused McCain of war crimes for bombing Hanoi.
They said he was disloyal for his coerced participation in propaganda films and interviews after he had been tortured.
There were several who said honestly beside being captured and tortured what did McCain do to excel in the Military. One democratic Senator said that McCains days as a fighter pilot were a sign that he had bad character.
They said McCains base were extremists, racist and anti-semits. That they were KK clan members, and N— supporters.
They said flying a fighter jet, getting shot down, tortured and doing propaganda work for the enemy was not commander experience.
They called him a white supremacist.
They said he was mentally damaged because of being a POW.
And there was more this is just what I remember from 2008.

Without the at least partially discredited dossier, which turned out to be opposition research, all of this Russia collusion talk would have been based on stuff like so and so talked to a Russian…whats up with that?
That would have been totally discredited as the basis for investigating the President.

Here is my post again.

I can only imagine what this place was like when McCain was running against Obama. I bet a lot of the lefty liberals were letting their inner Trump shine.

Thats a question. Shrug…stupid hill to die on

Gosh yes. He was even accused of being a racist in 2008. How does that compare of being accused of spreading that fake dossier…which he did actually do?
He was hated in 2008. Liked when he turned on his own party. Loved when he presented an opportunity to attack Trump.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/404543-medias-praise-for-mccain-is-warranted-but-where-was-it-in-08

https://www.mrc.org/articles/nyt-calls-mccain-ad-racist-mccain-camp-likens-editors-kos-kids

1 Like

Hey, there are always going to be a few folks on the opposite side that will hate and mock. But please don’t take those few as being representative of the collective “left” or “right”. I can’t remember a organized movement against him. And I and many others would never accuse him of war crimes. There were many of us who were mad that the “war crimes” mantra was so loosely used against Bush/Cheney.

I don’t disagree with that assessment and it is totally beneath the office of the POTUS. Now…think back…have you found ANYTHING that you’ve been able to compliment?

There isn’t and I wish he wouldn’t do it. I despise it.

Trump does all these horrible things buttttttttt can you name a good thing!?

Seriously…I’ve watched our country get over run with illegal immigrants for decades…while I’ve also observed our NICEY, NICE politicians do NOTHING but give lip service. At least this one, although he constantly embarrasses me, is actually addressing problems I’ve waited a long time for…to be addressed…including illegal immigration.

He addressed it by saying Mexico is sending us their rapists and we’ll build a Great Wall with a big beautiful door and Mexico will pay for it. Do you think he’s the only one that could have ended up with strategic fencing, knowing that we already have some? Or did his over the top racist campaign make the issue toxic making an actual deal harder? We’ve had fencing, we know that’s possible already.

He hasn’t addressed squat. He had both chambers filled with Republican majoroties and all he did was get a tax cut for the rich. Any other GOP candidate would’ve accomplished the same ■■■■ or more.

Fair enough.

Donald throwing in shots like “last in his class” reveal him to be a classless ass and coward who attacks a man after his death, and is deserving of nothing but derision and contempt for it.

Credit where it’s due - unlike some Trump supporters, you are capable of recognizing when Donald acts like a fool.

For myself, no. Taken as a whole, Donald’s behavior and actions are worthy of little beyond contempt. There is no one good thing that shifts the balance away from that conclusion.

3 Likes

And that’s the problem - Donald takes on an issue that may well have needed being addressed, but he then he steps in his own ■■■■ by lying and using insulting, childish rhetoric to attack others. It ruins whatever good/goodwill he might have accomplished, made worse by the fact that he cannot admit when he’s screwed up but instead plays the victim like a coward.

1 Like

Trump sees no distinction in him being dead and why should he when McCain saw no reason to treat him well when he was alive? McCain went after him vindictively and Trump knows it.

As long as the press says John McCain deserves no scorn, Trump is going to remind them why he does. McCain earned it and his being dead doesn’t absolve him of it.

When Trump is dead, do you think the press is going to be deferrential to him?

Of course not.

McCain will always deserve credit for his service. He will also always deserve blame for his vindictiveness and - like everyone else - that doesn’t go away because he is dead.

He is both men at the same time - like all of us.

M

Bone Spurs is upset that McCain deserves credit for service he himself avoided.

Unlike McCain Donald is not complicated, or a mixed bag of good and bad - he is entirely deplorable. Watching him take cheap shots at anyone, living or dead, when he himself is as poor a representative of integrity and honor as can be found anywhere, would be laughable if it weren’t so pathetic.

1 Like

His criticism is of McCain’s attempt to use the dossier against him, and he has every right to criticize him for that. I do to.

Anyone involved with pushing the dossier has helped to put America through three years of hell and for absolutely no good reason.

And that includes McCain, now. He stained his own legacy.

M