Trump attacks McCain over dossier, Meghan McCain swipes back

It could be just that simple. Well, that and an immunity agreement.

The buck stops with everyone, as one would say.

1 Like

I was reading this site and others when McCain was running, Hate to say it but your not telling the whole story. They went after McCain and Palin with all out hatred. Name calling, innuendo, false stories attacking his mental health, his age, his service and any thing else they could get away with.

Oh I agree. Greenspan had a lot more to do with the economic collapse than Bush 43 did.

But that is how his Presidency ended.

Katrina happened on his watch and his response was lacking. Look at the difference in the PR between Katrina and Sandy. There was no “heck of a job Brownie” as a city was drowning during the Obama response… but the CEC hated on Christie for daring to work with Obama after the coast of his state got destroyed.

Counterpunching doesn’t matter if the President is being innefectual.

It’s definitely a weird point in history. Many of those who supported McCain now are stabbing him in the back - while he’s dead.

Hell, I only voted 3rd party on the presidential ticket twice in my entire life so far - once in 2008, and once in 2016. And, even though I didn’t vote for him as president, I still respected the hell out of McCain for his service to his country. And it was when this so - called president trashed McCain’s time as a POW that I decided that I would never, under any circumstances, cast a ballot for Trump.

1 Like

Not his service. You just threw that in. That was the point. It was an election, of course there were jabs and even hatred, like there was against his opponent.

McCain got to the point where he endured so much torture that he decided to commit suicide while a POW.

and our draft dodging New York silver spooned rich kid trashed him for being a POW.

GOP 2019

1 Like

Again, the failures in New Orleans were the result of gross mishandling by the state and local government both before and during the event.

“Heck of a job, Brownie” was seen as some sort of mistake, as if the FedGov wasn’t doing all it could, but in fact, it was the mistakes of the state and local government that had doubled the problems of the FedGov to respond, in the first place.

But again. no way that Bush could get that out, effectively.

Trump would never let them lie about his response without countering. He’d have been all over the governor and the mayor for their attempts to lay blame on him.

M

As said before, it didn’t matter where the blame actually lies in Katrina only that the Federal response was poor.

Trump was lucky that no one gives enough of a crap about Puerto Rico that it took almost a year to get power restored to the island.

Why would Americans care about some ■■■■ hole mexican island?

3 Likes

No it wasn’t. I taught you this already. Have a nice night.

You taught me. :rofl:

Hilarious.

You have a nice night also.

Like with a cloth?

Yes, taught you. Patiently. For days.

You’re a smart guy, you don’t know ■■■■ about war.

The problem with your statement is you would be saying the same thing no mater which republican was sitting in the oval office.
All of what your saying was said of Regan, both Bush’s and you also said it about McCain when he was running for President.
The left will say how they could vote for this guy or that guy and in the primary elections push that this is the guy that could beat our guy.
But once the general elections start and after the GOP candidate wins the election. That man becomes the worst person on earth. Racist, homophobic, a supporter of the KKK, is like Hitler, and on and on. Same thing no mater who it is.
If Rubio or Cruz or any of the others had won we would be hearing the same thing.
The problem this time is unlike any former president or candidate Trump does not just take the abuse and say well everyone is entitled to their opinion this is America. He hits back and the left aren’t use to that.
Do I wish Trump would shut up sometimes sure but he is who he is.

There was zero need for the US to invade and occupy Iraq and it will go down as the greatest foreign policy mistake in the history of the country.

Full stop.

That statement had nothing to do with the act of waging war but is an opinion about what wars to wage.

And you and I have never talked about Iraq… ever.

You are of course, wrong.

Adios.

This is the robust defense of an opinion that I have come to expect from our Conservative friends.

Not one rooted in living memory but a declaration that one is wrong.

Terrific.

They trashed his service. Said that what other thing did he do while in the military but get shot down, captured, tortured and made propaganda videos for the enemy. That because of this he was disloyal to the United States. That there was nothing about being a POW that made prepared to be President. They accused him of war crimes. That he was mentally unstable because he was a POW. I could go on but this should be enough to show that the left aren’t the little angels you make them out to be.

2 Likes

And when “they” said all these things, the GOP said the left tells it like it is.