Trump announces tariffs on 200B in chinese goods

Their are other countries with cheap labor.

Why do you want to prop up a brutal dictator that suppresses speech, jail political opponents?

Oh wait…you’re one of THEM.

What? Why would they get 10 cents on a dollar for US treasuries?

Yea we dont usually float below 4% unemployment for very long

1 Like

Literally almost the entire congressional GOP, most CEOs, the Chamber of commerce and most rational people think that engaging in trade wars with most of the world at the same time is insane.

But Trump’s base would follow their leader anywhere he wants to go.

Remember when “executive privilege” was out of control…?

Well… it go up to 4% for June.

For better or worse (better in this case) it doesn’t work that way. Voters collectively hold the president and his party responsible for the economy regardless of who controls Congress and whether the president is actually able to enact his agenda. Republicans tried blaming the 2008 recession on Democratic control of Congress too and you saw how well that worked out for them.

Says the Poots lover.

Well… by 2010 they took Congress and a bunch of State positions… so it worked out pretty well for them.

Sure, because Obama was president then, the opposition basically always wins seats in a midterm, and the country was still recovering from a recession that the government didn’t do enough to counteract.

If Trump doesn’t manage to become popular I’d expect something of a replay of 06/08 in the next couple elections with Democrats winning lots of seats and then something of a swing back toward Rs in 2022 during the first term of the Gillibrand or whoever administration.

Unfortunately you’re correct. We are due for a recession. Agree it won’t be 100% Trump’s fault. But he’s certainly doing a bunch to hasten its arrival.

1 Like

I thought that’s what you libs want…a recession. So you can gain back power again so you can use goverment as a weapon against your political enemies.

The only one I’ve seen pumping that fantasy here for the last two years is you. Along with the fear that if the Democratic Party takes over you yourself will be punished.