Trump announces China will pay 16 billion to farmers, historic win

No government cheese for me and I live in flyover country.
If you looked into what the government did to farming in the eighties you would know that the farm program was a big take over of farming. And I’m not saying that certain farmers weren’t going to the government whining that they were going to lose every thing and needed help.
The government paid farmers to not plant and to store their grain for a certain amount of time.
Than they decided that that wasn’t working because when the stored grain was sold it still wasn’t enough to cover costs. So they set a price on what the grain should be and if the farmer sold for less than that the government made up the difference.
They should have let the market make the adjustments and things would be different today. Some farmers who carried to much debt would have gone broke. But the farmers who saved for a rainy day would have made it and new farmers would have gotten in the business. And a lot of ground being farmed would have been put back to grass.
Now all these years later the grain market’s are still so messed up because of the government that farmers can’t make it without government help.
And the government does this to keep your food costs down. So you could say we are all on the govt cheese.
Case in point. We stopped farming in the eighties and rented out our ground because we refused to take any money from the government. The last corn we sold was 3.20 bushel. The price is still same today and this is 25 years later. Might be up a little because of the wet conditions.
It the government had stayed out of farming corn would be double what it is now and it should be.

if the government stayed out of it you wouldn’t be able to sell corn to china.

Why would I need to sell grain to china.
If the government would have stayed out of it. We would be growing just enough crops to support the need in the United States and Corporations would have stayed out of the farm business and family farmers would be doing what they have always done.
We still raise cattle and we have no need for the government to tell us how to raise them and how many we can raise and what the price should be.
Granted the lower corn market makes it cheaper to feed cattle but if the corn price was higher the price of beef would be higher and you would be paying a whole lot more for that steak you ate.
Supply ad demand. You just like all that cheap food and don’t care that your screwing over the farmers to get it.

Why not?

Let them eat rice. Corn is for Americans.

1 Like

If he does, could you do us a favor and show him how to build a big long wall really quick (before he leaves.) We promise to forward Mexico’s cheque to you.

So you’re saying Americas prosperity is dependent on China! This is the problem with bad and fake news as America does not depend on other countries to feed the nation or for the nation to prosper,

well, in america, companies try to make as much money as possible. and that makes our economy grow. But hey, you want to close the borders to foreign trade, I’ll discuss it. but just realize our economy will shrink by huge amounts.

because the govt. negotiated trade deals with china.

this era is a test to see how much abuse republican men can take.

1 Like

I wish Trump supporters were smart enough to understand how awful this guy is for the country. They are so blinded with butthurt from the GWB bashing and Obama election(s) that they cannot help but support someone who is clearly incompetent on several levels.

Hell, after Trump, don’t be surprised if the backlash has us electing a black transgender Jew in 2020.

He’ll finance your purchase of the Brooklyn Bridge too.
That any grown up would believe this nonsense is testimony as to how far we have fallen as a people.
There’s a sucker born every minute.

I’m beginning to think he just means he knows a lot about horses.

I wish never Trumpers would stop placing their butt hurt feelings for themselves ahead of the country.

The irony of a Trumpster lecturing others about putting themselves before the country. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

What irony did you see? Please elaborate so that I can attempt to better myself.

No, that’s not what happened. Trump wants to borrow 16 billions dollars, probably from China, to give to farmers in order to offset their pain from Trump’s trade war with China.

So to review:

The federal government bailing out the auto industry to keep it alive in teh face of the greatest recession since the depression is bad.

the federal government bailing out farmers to them alive through a trade war the president started is great.

You can’t have enough conservative hypocrisy these days.

2 Likes

Also - so we are clear - China isn’t paying 16B.

On the day after Trump walks out of an infrastructure meeting before it really begins to have a press conference saying he won’t work on any legislation until the investigations end.

Bravo.