Trump and California's water supply

Trump has signed an executive order to divert water to California farmers.

I’m conflicted about this. I’m all for environmentalism, but farmers have to make a living. I think the chinook salmon need to be saved but I don’t care about snail darters…

The Sacramento Bee says a lot of things Trump said about the water situation in California isn’t true…

https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/water-and-drought/article240448876.html

Bad idea.

The 5th Largest Enconomica on Earf don’t need no Trump in their lives. They are strong and independent without him.

3 Likes

Decades ago, pumping water into the desert created a utopia to grow food. Then came people who competed for the water. Now…here we are.

1 Like

This is great till people in the North need to start rationing water.

Call Jake Gittes.

1 Like

Unless you like to eat food.

People who think golf courses, lawns, and swimming pools are more important than food.

There are advantages to living in Appalachia. :smile:

Particularly in North Carolina with a mountain spring that runs year round.

I’ve got one of the most valuable places per acre in the entire area because I have a live spring that does’t even dry up in the worst of droughts.

As often as we are in a drought phase around here it was a very good buy.

Its not just abut farmers making a living. Its about everybody getting food.

And the amazing variety and relative low cost of that food in the US.

CA is the largest producer of truck crops, fruits, and nuts in the US when they have adequate water.

The Californian Dem elite are against Trump doing anything to benefit their plantation voters lest they begin to doubt the authenticity of the straw-Trump effigy they are claiming to be the real Orange Man and stop hating him.

What happened to state’s rights and federal government baaaaaaaaddddddd?

1 Like

No, decades ago, water was diverted from farmers in Central California to expand the city of Los Angeles and incidentally make everyone involved incredible amounts of money by diverting the water publicly financed by LA to private land they owned in the San Fernando Valley where they planned to build housing developments.

So much wrong in so short a post.

2 Likes

The canals are federal and always have been. They were built with federal funds as were the reservoirs.

Protecting the food supply has been under federal purview since WWI as well.

Thank you for confirming that a state’s rights can be overriden by the USA federal government.

Neither the Federal Government, nor the several States, have any “rights” that can be abridged, overridden, etc.

The Federal Government has a strictly defined set of “delegated powers”, while the several States have “reserved powers.”

Since rivers naturally cross State lines and since artificial diversion of water crosses State lines, they constitute interstate commerce and thus fall within the purview of the Federal Government’s Constitutionally delegated power over interstate commerce.

2 Likes

Hear him!

I don’t know I agree with the last. My land, My river.

The state has no rights over a federal project.