Trump allies gang up on Gowdy

The legislative committee is limited in what they can do. The separation of powers ---- they make laws, but they cannot enforce laws. They can subpoena and interrogate, they can send a plea to the Department of Justice to prosecute, that’s about all.

Gowdy was not going to get anything accomplished with an Obama Department of Justice under an Obama administration.

What was creditable?

That may or may not be the whole truth but perception is the reality of the group we’re discussing.

You don’t know what the FBI did or why.

1 Like

It’s a function of law enforcement to make that judgement call. And they did, regardless whether you agree with it.

So, what is your proposed policy/protocol in Presidential campaigns when there is a credible allegation of wrongdoing?

1 Like

the trumpers have been given their marching orders. their cult leader has spoken and they must blindly follow

Glad to see you finally get it.

It wasn’t credible…nothing what libs did that was.

The line has been cross the moment they deciding to accept opposition party hearsay as excuse to investigate.

Investigate from outside. “Credible”? You’d have been better off without that word.

Yeah Hillary said the same thing back in 93…that why I love context…it makes people look like idiots.

You don’t want the FBI to investigate claims that Russians were infiltrating the trump campaign?

1 Like

Claims? I can claim anything.

You spied and attempted to entrap opposition candidate based on a claim from opposing party?

What country is this?

That is the exact expression (“credible allegations of wrongdoing”) used by the then Director of the FBI to describe the scenario.

You mean the same guy that said no creditable prosecutor would have prosecuted Hillary crimes?

What does it mean to “investigate from outside”?

Who is better informed about this case, you or Trey Gowdy?

Yeah, I too would like to know what that entails.

Trey Gowdy wants in on CoJ and FBI.

100% liberal projection, anything else?

Also, as a senior Congressman, Gowdy has many tools available to achieve his agenda he believes is just and the right thing for the people. Doing nothing is not the answer.