Trump Added $1.2trillion To Debt in FY2019

Your opinion doesn’t change the fact that the Republicans do not cut spending when they cut taxes like a fiscally responsible party would do.

It’s always “someone else has to cut the spending”

Tax cuts cause growth. Those tax cuts are the only reason were are not in recession like the rest of the world.

And we all know what needs to be cut and that dems hope Rep propose those cuts so they can say we want to kill grand ma…

Tax cuts don’t cause growth, but deficit spending does.That’s called Keynesian economics, and we have been doing it since the 1980s when Reagan cut taxes and the debt started collecting like a 90s kid’s beanie baby collection.

At some point, you have to pay it back.

Or you can shore up the system you have been stealing from since the 1960s.

Its not worth arguing. It won’t get you anywhere.

1 Like

Weird how GDP is in line with the trend befire tax cuts

I was going to point that out, but then realized it wouldn’t make any difference. He has started with a conclusion and worked his way backwards from there.

Trump still hasn’t topped Obama’s highest quarter

2 Likes

To be fair, all the Presidents have added massive debt and this is just following the curve since JFK.

It would only be news if a President slashed the debt by massive amounts, multiple years in a row, and perhaps not relying on growth to do so (temporarily).

The same will follow for the next President and the next and the next, until financial crash comes that will make 2008 seem like a hiccup.

We would know that a President is cutting budgets, because the fits and tantrums of slashed military, medicare, etc of all sides would chorus around the Poltical theater and everyone would hate the guy for doing what’s necessary.

Until then, these pronouncements are just political theater used by the Party currently not in power. Both sides have used it endlessly.

Sure you can. Leeds to less programs, less government spending.

No. The last 2 democrats massively slashed the deficits they inherited. Thats the first step.

It’s your proposal, but I won’t support it. I prefer to raise and lower taxes with the same amount of votes.

Public debt is now over $16.8 trillion. Public debt has increased by about $2.4 trillion during Trump’s presidency.

More winning

Is there historical proof of this in the US Federal Government?

No historical proof because the situation in my amendment has never happened.

Remember if a congress (under my amendment) decreased taxes, they would be constitutionally mandated to cut the budget to meet expected income. Guess how you do that?

If they wanted to add a new program (aka Free everything proposed by the dems), they would need to either gut current programs or convince 2/3 of the house and 2/3 of the senate to vote for a tax increase.

See how the two go hand in hand?

The problem is the biggest parts of the budget consists of things that would be hugely unpopular to cut. So if you give out big tax cuts, while still having obligations that there is no major support for cutting… you have these huge deficits.

I support that. And I’m a howelling liberal. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

How can one argue that there should be a reduction in debt and contemporaneously argue that a simple majority is required to reduce taxes and 3/4 to increase taxes?

Cut Trump’s golfing expenses to ZERO.