Truckers protest Abbott

If they are getting caught in the non-raid areas, won’t they try the road crossing?

lol. really? jeez…

These clowns don’t even know where they are half the time. :rofl:

4 Likes

Ah. Due to practicalities he is reverting to random searches. In return, the Mexican state government has agreed to enhance border security at their end. A win win situation.
I would be for Abbott for President except I want to keep him as my governor.

It will discourage many. If they go somewhere else, agents must adjust and shut that down too. If people do not accomplish their goal, they’ll stop.

Lol.

Yeah, they aren’t inspecting cargo for drugs or immigrants. They are inspecting the trucks.

here is the order.

These inspections should begin immediately to help ensure that Texans are not endangered by unsafe vehicles and their unsafe drivers.

What a goof ball.

1 Like

You do realize how many Americans are dying due to fentanyl overdoses coming across the border from Mexico…correct and you label efforts to deter this as a…“goof ball”? What will these inspectors do if they find illegal drugs?

1 Like

He’s not looking for drugs. He’s inspecting the trucks for mechanical safety. He’s not allowed to search for drugs.

1 Like

How does checking the brakes stop fentanyl?

So if they come across drugs, while stating they’re inspecting these vehicles for safety, what will happen to these drugs and drug smugglers?

You think they put the drugs next to the oil cap?

And do you think they will say nothing if they also happen to run across illegals or drugs?

Why would a drug smuggler put the drugs anywhere near where a mechanic or inspector would be poking around?

There’s not much to say in response to your post? If this is your feelings on this matter, you don’t care and I have nothing more to say about this to someone like that…except…happy Easter.

They’re not allowed to search the inside of the truck.

They’re just allowed to look under the hood. I don’t imagine many “illegals” will be hiding in the engine compartment.

As of Monday, the agency said it had inspected more than 3,400 commercial vehicles and placed more than 800 “out of service” for violations that included defective brakes, tires and lighting. It made no mention of whether the inspections turned up migrants or drugs.

Is the engine the only part that will be inspected? I think you assume too much. We shall see how that plays out. What we need is to have the truck confiscated for being used in a crime. That should give any would be smugglers pause and only require random searches.

It’s not an assumption. It’s the Constitution - specifically, the 4th Amendment.

Article states that the inspections will continue until security agreements are reached with each Mexican state government.
This is similar to the way Trump cut back illegal immigration in June of 2019.
Abbott is reinstating the successful program that Biden dropped.
Go Abbott!

Pretty clear the intent of the inspections is drug and illegals smuggling. If there is a constitutional question here, I’m sure a court can handle it.

1 Like