Trouble: Julian Castro Dismisses 2020 Campaign Staff in New Hampshire, South Carolina

Originally published at: Trouble: Julian Castro Dismisses 2020 Campaign Staff in New Hampshire, South Carolina | Sean Hannity

Fading presidential candidate Julian Castro is reportedly laying-off his entire campaign staff in New Hampshire and South Carolina this week; suggesting the end may be near for the Texas Democrat.

“The former San Antonio, Texas mayor who later served as Housing secretary in then-President Barack Obama’s cabinet will now focus his campaign on Iowa, which kicks off the nominating calendar, and Nevada, which votes third. The news – first reported by Politico – was confirmed early Tuesday by Fox News with a source close to the Castro campaign. The small staffs in both New Hampshire and South Carolina were notified on Monday,” reports Fox News.

“The move by the Castro campaign comes just a few days after it announced on Friday that it brought in $800,000 in the last 10 days of October, a haul Castro had said was necessary to continue his uphill bid for the Democratic nomination,” adds Fox.

The news comes days after former Texas Congressman Beto O’Rourke announced the end of his 2020 presidential bid.

“Though it is difficult to accept, it is clear to me now that this campaign does not have the means to move forward successfully,” O’Rourke wrote in a Medium post on Friday. “My service to the country will not be as a candidate or as the nominee.”

Our campaign has always been about seeing clearly, speaking honestly, and acting decisively.

In that spirit: I am announcing that my service to the country will not be as a candidate or as the nominee. https://t.co/8jrBPGuX4t

— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) November 1, 2019

“Our campaign has always been about seeing clearly, speaking honestly, and acting decisively. In that spirit: I am announcing that my service to the country will not be as a candidate or as the nominee,” posted O’Rourke on social media.

Source: Fox News