Treasury Bureaucrat Arrested for Russia Info Leaks

She’s not a reporter.

There was nothing “allegedly” bout his going after Rosen or the CBS reporter, it’s documented.

Damn the details.

What was corrupt about it? I thought you guys liked transparency?

Point of Order- She’s a doctor of philosophy, which is just a long winded way of saying PhD. It’s not necessarily a PhD in philosophy, despite what articles say. Also, VCU, where she got her PhD, currently has no philosophy graduate program. It does have a bunch of public policy programs though.

(It’s probably a PhD in something silly, but nonetheless, let’s not just buy what news articles sell without checking!)

Have you been checked for Pseudobulbar Affect ?
Because it is indeed one more instance of vindication. We are laughing for that reason. But your funny bone is being tickled by an anomalous neuron or two.

There is a difference. I will let you figure out what it is. Idle hands -and minds - do the devil’s work.

Report back when you have figured it out.

Edit: I see that @WuWei gave you the answer already. So now you have to find some other productive activity to stay out of trouble. Try computing a few digits of pi in your head while reciting the lyrics of the national anthem.

I’m not stating any opinion here, but why shouldn’t we use search warrants against reporters to gain access to the identity of the leakers?

Because we have a thing known as the first amendment maybe?

I apologize but I have a disdain that I hold above other disdain, when oaths of office are broken to further corruption that is for political/financial gain that’s at the expense of “we the people”.

Because they haven’t broken the law and we shouldn’t violate the 1st Amendment because of lazy investigators.

They have the identity of the leakers and are protecting the identity of the press.

I learned something already today. Thanks.

Where does the first amendment say anything about being exempt from producing evidence of certain crimes?

It doesn’t say anything about it. The first amendment didn’t prevent the warrant against Rosen.

What crimes are the reporters suspected of?

Yep, went to college, built a family and works hard in spite of people, including his own uncle, looking down on him. Seems like a good guy. It’s a shame that there are even jobs you can work at full time and not support yourself. Says something about society.

None for the reporter but a crime definitely occurred and there is probable cause that information connected to the crime exists with the reporter.

Being accused of a crime is not a necessary element.

No, it’s shows how a lazy spoiled brat becomes a permanent leech on his family and society due to the choices he makes in life.

There was never any probable cause period because there was no suspicion he’d committed any crime.

This is settled? Precedent from Ellsburg and Bartnicki v. Vopper are above challenge then?

What an odd way to speak of someone who did what he was supposed to do by attaining a college degree and getting a job.