Trans Woman Denied Service at AZ CVS

All I’m saying is that people who are super concerned about society openly acknowledging LGBT stuff often have some personal issues they haven’t worked through that make the subject uncomfortable.

1 Like

Correct… Both pharmacists cited their religious beliefs in objecting to filling the prescriptions… Now, both pharmacists have a lot more free time to worship…

Guess we can read and you can’t, huh?

And so, because you openly oppose Trump, secretly inside you love Trump…but hate yourself for doing so .

Looks that way. I acknowledged my mistake.

Santorum warned 'em, but NOOOOOO…

.>

Don’t really have a problem with a Pharmacist refusing service, however the one in this case screwed themselves.

#1 Questioning the patient in front of other customers about the prescription would be a violation of HIPPA as it is an attempt to share medical information with those that have no need to know about it.

#2 The company (in this case CVS) respects the law that allows for the exemption, but the Pharmacist is not an independent business owner, they are an employee of CVS and CVS policy was that the prescription could be refused but the manager or another Pharmacist would assist the customer. In addition the Pharmacist is required to notify CVS in writing in advance of situations where refusal could occur so that managers can have alternative plans in place. The Pharmacist didn’t do that.

#3 The Pharmacist refused to return the prescription to the patient so they could get it filled elsewhere.

From what I’ve read on it so far, the Pharmacist WAS NOT terminated for refusing to fill the prescription. The Pharmacist was terminated for failing to provide written notification in advance, for failing to provide a referral as is company policy, and failure to return the prescription (which is really the property of the patient or doctor) not the Pharmacists.

.>>>>

3 Likes

You’re not the first that posted that.

Not remotely the same thing. People who are super worried that society acknowledging the gays is gonna make people gayer, seems to me they have some internal questions about who they’re attracted to.

I’m a hard zero on the Kinsey scale, the world could be a 24/7 Pride parade-like a 1980s Greenwich Village Pride parade-and it still wouldn’t create any doubts about my sexuality.

Agreed. This issue isn’t whether the pharmacist refused to serve the customer based on religious convictions, but that they went out of their way to shame the customer and then block their ability to get served by someone else.

1 Like

You intend to shame me so that I will not post in these matters. How’s that worked for you in the past?

:joy: :rofl:

The pharmacist was a jerk, no doubt about it. It wouldn’t be a right, but I’m not so sure the concept above is entirely accurate.

It’s blatantly illegal to steal someone’s prescription.

Some religious company, like Hobby Lobby or Chick fil a, should start a pharmacy company so these snowflake pharmacists will have a safe place to work.

Pharmacist wasn’t just taking themselves out of the equation (e.g. “My religion forbids me to be a part of this”), they were actively interfering in the doctor-patient relationship by refusing to return the prescription.

1 Like

You always make the best posts. If you were Army instead of Navy you’d be close to perfect.

Didn’t say it wasn’t.

So what are you arguing here?

So you actually took a test to find out.

Interesting.