Trans prisoner charged with sexual assaults in UK women's prison

Why is that? You’re putting people in jeopardy and INCREASING their chances of being bullied and harmed.

Some are pushing to use “gender” only as you describe. Shrug. It also still means sex and has been used interchangeably for centuries. But as I say, for this discussion we can use the terminology you prefer.

1. Have a zero tolerance policy on bullying in prisons. Works in Middle School.
  2. Educate your bullies.
  3. Teach those being bullied how effective ways to react (calm and coolly)

People can be bullied in either situation. Second, no one said prison is supposed to be a cakewalk. People get bullied there for any sort of reason. Why should exceptions be made for a particular type of bullying?

Putting ANYONE in prison is putting people in jeopardy and increasing their chances of being bullied and harm. Why do you wish to wrap the transgendered in protective cotton batting? Are they not capable of taking care of themselves like any other person?

It’s not the term, “I” prefer, it’s what is used in the 21st century.

It’s based on the concept that the brain and chromosomes do not necessarily have to match.

Western Culture has in the past used sex and gender interchangeably, but that’s not universally true across the entire world or all cultures.

The reason why we can use it interchangely is because 99% of the U.S population is something called “Cisgender”, meaning their sex and gender line-up.

There’s no such thing as “transgendered”.

It matters because we’re putting people in the proper prisoners. Men go with the men/Women go with the women, because they want the prisoners to get along with each other and match groups up with people they are associated with. Putting a transgender man in the women’s prisoner or vice verse, makes little sense, because you’re putting these people in prisoners do not culturally match with each other. Not everybody goes to prison for life. The whole point is that you do your time. The point is not to put people in danger.

Then perhaps have a transgender wing in each prison.

:+1::ok_hand::+1::ok_hand::wink:

I wouldn’t mind that, if that makes people on both sides feel better.

There are not many transgenders out there, right, particularly in prison? Have all the transgender and genderqueer people, go to one prison. Do their time. We don’t have to worry about the trans woman being picked on by the other ladies or vice verse for the men.

I remember staying at a friends house in 6th grade and we were sneaking watching Chris Rock on HBO laughing uncontrollably until he told the story of the ‘Tossed Salad Man’ that was my first introduction to the horrors of what happens in prison. It was more than my 6th grade mind could process lol.

Google ‘tossed salad man’ but warning quiet disturbing and very bad language.