Trans prisoner charged with sexual assaults in UK women's prison

Transgender inmate charged with raping a woman sexually assaulted four fellow prisoners days after being remanded to an all-female jail

UK Feminists have claimed that placing trans prisoners who are anatomically male into women’s prisons increases the risk of sexual assault:

. . . With 1 in 3 sex offenders in the women’s prison being male born. This is a problem that cannot be ignored.

Is this an example of trans-phobia?

Or is it an example of authorities allowing sexual assaults of women in the name of political correctness?

Its an example of a society losing their collective minds.

1 Like

The keyword here is BLACKWHITE. Like so many Newspeak words, this word has two mutually contradictory meanings. Applied to an opponent, it means the habit of impudently claiming that black is white, in contradiction of the plain facts. Applied to a Party member, it means a loyal willingness to say that black is white when Party discipline demands this. But it means also the ability to BELIEVE that black is white, and more, to KNOW that black is white, and to forget that one has ever believed the contrary.”
― George Orwell, 1984

I see a lot of doublethink in modern gender issues.

Looks like a job for the british…

Then there’s nothing left but the death penalty.

The US is headed in the same direction:

Inmates in New York City’s jail system will be housed with fellow inmates of the gender they identify. . . San Francisco officials announced in 2015 that it would house transgender inmates based on their gender identity.
http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires/new-york/new-york-city-jails-accommodate-transgender-inmates-article-1.3936831

At least there is a requirement for a “safety assessment”.

Trump rolled back Obama-era federal policies that were similar to those in the UK:

The article spins the change as a roll back of trans rights, not enhanced protection for women prisoners.

Not sure why it’s relevant here in America.

Prison rape is pretty common unfortunately. Males do it, females do it.

This of course does not mean transgender men and women, and genderqueer individuals should be treated as 2nd class citizens.

So again, I don’t understand the point here or why we should be shaming people for their brain structure.

1 Like

You put a transgender man in a women’s prison, and the trans woman in a men’s prison, then the transgenders odds of getting beaten up/killed go up.

I think it makes sense to divide people based on gender rather than their chromosomes or birth sex organs.

1 Like

Keep reading bill tied it with another post .

You are aware that gender is a biological designation? People can feel whatever they want–even to the point of being ashamed they were born male or female.

You’re incorrect. Gender is psychological. Sex is about chromosomes. This is not according to me, but every single professional medical and psychological community. If you studied neurology, you would understand that a transgender brain is not shape or structured like most of the population. Their brains are structured more like the gender they identify as.

1 Like

I am saying that when a baby is born, its gender is based on physical characteristics. Those characteristics are what determine what is male and what is female. Further, keep in mind that your studies state that “in some respects” the brain can be more like like the wished for gender. Then there is the case for people’s whose brains do follow the opposite pattern, but who are perfectly happy remaining and living with their birth gender.

Finally, there are those who argue looking for a “gay gene” or a “transgender brain” is looking for trouble. What say you?

It’s an example of …

Duh… waddya expect?

Mother nature is a bigot.

And libs are quoting from the narrative… chapter, page, and paragraph. Trouble is… one lib " victim group" is at odds with another lib “victim group”. Those pesky feminists… first they were intolerant of Muslim traditions in the role and rights of women. And now… they want transwomen removed from women’s groups. Trouble in paradise.

No. You’re talking about sex, not gender.

We’re talking about gender identity, not sexual identity.

Whether or not, somebody wants to transition or live their life in their natural gender is up to them. It’s a personal choice.

I am not in the business of discriminating against somebody or labeling them “perverts” or “sexual deviants” simply because of their brain structure.

Do not confuse gender and sex. They are not the same thing. They are tied together under most circumstances, but it’s not wrong for ones sex and gender to be opposite of each other.

I have never made the argument for a gay gene, but there’s such a thing as a transgender brain. That’s not something I made up.

But lets get back to the point of the thread: We should put people in prisons based on their gender identity.

Bingo! An example of PC and Idiocy running amuck!

Don’t quibble. The second definition of gender is sex. The first is related to grammatical use. In Spanish, for example, there are masculine/feminine genders. However, as you wish for this discussion. A male can feel feminine; a female can feel masculine. Most of us slip probably slip in and out of both without it affecting how we feel about our sex organs.

You appear to be referencing something that has not actually been determined. “Some aspects” isn’t hard science. These are very preliminary studies, nothing more.

Are you in the habit of discriminating against people who prefer hotdogs to tofu, rye bread to wheat bread then? Tossing “discrimination” around if people don’t jump on the latest bandwagon isn’t suitable.

I have to. You’re mixing up the terminology. When we’re talking about somebody’s sexual identity, we’re talking about somebody’s sex chromosomes, when we talk about gender identity, we’re talking about social constructs and brain structure.

This is what the APA writes on the issue:

Sex is assigned at birth, refers to one’s biological status as either male or female, and is associated primarily with physical attributes such as chromosomes, hormone prevalence, and external and internal anatomy. Gender refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviors, activities, and attributes that a given society considers appropriate for boys and men or girls and women. These influence the ways that people act, interact, and feel about themselves. While aspects of biological sex are similar across different cultures, aspects of gender may differ.

It’s important to understand that those two words are different.

Disagree. Much more practical to put them in prison based on their sex.