TRADE WAR? Mexico Targets TRUMP Districts With New Tariffs

Originally published at: TRADE WAR? Mexico Targets TRUMP Districts With New Tariffs | Sean Hannity

Officials in Mexico announced a new series of tariffs specifically targeting districts won by President Trump in the 2016 race for the White House; unveiling the taxes after the Commander-in-Chief imposed a 25% tariff on Mexican and Canadian produced steel and aluminum.

“Economy Minister Ildefonso Guajardo said the tit-for-tat measures would complicate talks between the United States, Canada and Mexico to revamp the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) that underpins trade between the neighbors,” reports Reuters.

“A trade war is when there is an escalation of conflict. In this case, it is simply a response to a first action,” Guajardo told Mexican radio. “We should stick to the clearly defined battlefield, where the response is appropriate and proportional.”

President Trump announced the expanded trade tariffs Thursday, saying both Mexico and Canada had failed to make trade concessions requested by his administration ahead of future negotiations on the North American Free Trade Agreement.

The unfortunate part of a trade dispute is that I believe mexico and Canada should have been exempt while in nafta negotiations. The prime minister is right in we have to respond from Canada. My issue isn’t with a response because while I believe in trumps right to negotiate for his country I believe we are being caught up in his fight (a good one) with china the worst abusers of trade in the world. But our PM did it first and mexico followed with targeted tariffs designed to hurt trump and interfering with the electoral process. In this I am ashamed our juvenile prime minister is meddling in politics instead of just making a point with a trade partner. trump exempt Canada we are not your problem and you know this. When you hurt our economy you hurt your own because we are to close. Trudeau grow the **** up and stop making it personal targeting trump directly with our tariffs.