Tractor Supply told Managers to pull potential Covid-19 medication... or else get fired

Who sent out the SOS?

2 Likes

Where did all the “new” posters in this thread go?

1 Like

some common sense thinking there. Thank you for saying what I was thinking.

I am still awaiting the post I provided yesterday of substantive commentary.

This story is true, I was just in Tractor Supply stocking up on livestock items and they had pulled equine wormer paste and Ivermec from the shelves. When I asked the staff when it was going to be back in stock they said that people were starting to inject it into children and they were dying. Having a hard time believing that story I immediately started research on this and did not find any recent cases of death regarding this drug, please provide comment it you find evidence contrary to this. What I did find was this post and several scientific papers released over the last several days regarding the effectiveness of Ivermectin against COVID-19 in an Australian in vitro lab study.

This is not surprising due to its effectiveness and widespread use since the 1970’s. I have been purchasing it for decades over the shelf for use in deworming horses, cattle, and swine. It is a key ingredient in heartworm medication for canines which requires a prescription. It comes in many forms and is also used safely for human consumption as a tablet form available by prescription. To date over 1.4 billion humans, particularly in Africa have used it effectively against River Blindness, Denge fever, West Nile and internal/external parasites. It is very cheap and also found to be the only effective management for rat lung disease in horses according to a Texas A&M study. The fact that the CDC has pulled this drug within days of scientific research is very suspect and needs further investigation.

I think this story is a bunch of hooey. I walked into the farm store near where I am working today and guess what there is still Ivermectin on the shelves for cattle and for horses.

What TSC is carrying is NOT for human consumption. This is an anti-parasitic (worm medicine) for horses and cattle. This comes in several forms oral paste for equine use, pour on for cattle and injectable for both cattle and horses, and can also be used for dogs.

It has been identified to have some anti-viral properties, but not an anti-viral drug on it’s own, that I am aware of. Humans don’t want to be ingesting Ivomec products.

Ivermectin can cause encephalopathy, blindness, coma and death if not administered properly. I’m guessing people who would buy it at a farm supply to use it on themselves would not likely take proper doses.