Top U.S. Ukraine official who heard Trump phone call to testify Tues in defiance of WH

If Bolton falls in line with what everyone is saying, that the President held up aid to pressure Ukraine into publicly investigating the Bidens and that that is a bad thing.

A drug deal even. …

Then what is the response? How do they react?

1 Like

As someone who has long distrusted John Bolton, nothing has changed. I have a mlld sense of amusement as Trump cycles through the ranks of secondary talent in the conservative world… turning many of them against him in the process.

I have more trust in professionals link Vindman and Yovanovitch who have dedicated themselves to serving our country without seeking the spotlight. Having been ignored on most issues by Trump, I suspect Bolton will be seeking some measure of revenge… but is he acting in the national interest? Not at all convinced.

Of course, on the other side we have the efforts by Trump supporters to treat people who serve our nation, like Lt. Col. Vindman as traitors. Veteran status just doesn’t earn one anything with Trump era Republicans.

2 Likes

Why would they want this to be public?!? I cannot understand for the life of me.

1 Like

I think they will only have the fallback of claiming not to believe your ears and your eyes. Believe the propaganda. Nothing Trump does or did can be a crime because Trump is the United States. It’s illogical and will further cement his supporters in their place in history. But I suspect they don’t care, or don’t understand.

Why would who want it to be public?

I seem to recall someone already threw that out here. But I’m sure we’ll see it again.

1 Like

Why would Trump supporters want these hearings to be more public. Unless they’re literally developmentally disables, they know he did this ■■■■■ this is what Trump does and always has.

3 Likes

I gotcha. I thought you meant the Democrats. It’s a great point. The more the public hears direct from the people within the White House itself, the worse it is going to be for Trump. The GOP has gotten high on their own supply. The propaganda and conspiracy theories have allowed the worms to eat their brains.

3 Likes

Trump supporters always loved Jeff Sessions until they didn’t love Jeff Sessions. This is just a game… one of many to distract from the mounting evidence that a group of Russian mobsters played on Trump’s insecurities to get them to put US policy in the Ukraine at their beck and call under the guise of helping him free himself from the stigma of the Russian assistance in he received in 201[quote=“madasheck, post:455, topic:217325, full:true”]

I seem to recall someone already threw that out here. But I’m sure we’ll see it again.
[/quote]

Anyone can play this game. Trumpers loved Jeff Sessions until they didn’t and now John Bolton is getting the same treatment.

But underneath it all is the refusal to recognize the growing evidence that a group of Russian mobsters (C players funded by an A player) and their paid lackey – Rudy G. – convinced President Trump to put US foreign policy e Russian assistance he received in 2016 plus some help against the man who was the frontrunner against him in 2020 at the time.

To accept this means the entire Trump edifice comes crumbling down… and there are plenty of posters here who are not ready to accept that.

1 Like

It is shades of Watergate. I remember that no one was talking about it until the public hearings started. And over the weeks the discussions went from “maybe” to “oh ■■■■■■
And the real kicker here is that the WH doesn’t have a strategy. And I believe that is because Trump thinks that he is the best at persuading public opinion. He believes that by his words and tweets this whole thing is going to become a non-issue. And I believe that he is going to find out how wrong he is.

1 Like

His tweets and Fox News are the only things that are keeping this clown from going down the abyss.

You’re absolutely correct. Approval for impeachment was low when everything started with Watergate. It wasn’t until they became public that the polls began to turn. Here, the polls already slightly favor impeachment, and public hearings have yet to begin. That’s likely not a good sign for Trump.

1 Like

Trump is now saying he doesn’t want to talk about procedure he wants to talk about the case.

That’s the last thing republicans want to do. Trump’s so high up on bs mountain he forgot all the elected officials below have to actually deal with their constituents, they can’t just say crazy stuff like he does and get away with it.

1 Like

As this thing progresses and Trump goes more and more off the wall, I wonder if enough Republican Senators will finally have enough and vote to get rid of him. They might think that Pence and loosing the next election is better then what might happen if Trump remains in office.

As Pelosi pointed out this morning, this is coming down to a choice between party and country… and right now most Republicans are clearly choosing party. Dangerous times.

I still believe Trump resigning and Pence pardoning everyone is the only good option the GOP has.

That leaves us with President Pence, brought to you by God™ and he could actually win.

I guess he doesn’t have nice things to say.

1 Like

Fat donald needs to beg for forgiveness and then resign.

1 Like

There was a lot more Biden and Burisma discussed and he wanted to add that in.

Gerald Ford probably would have been reelected in 1976 if he had not pardoned Nixon. Polls show Pence’s #'s are comparable to Trump’s… behind but within striking distance.

1 Like