Today’s vote to continue an unconstitutional impeachment inquisition

Do Republican Representatives get to participate equally in the House investigations?

JWK

We all know who the whistleblower is. It’s shifty Schiff in drag.

What part of the process do you believe they are being excluded from that will have any impact on the final vote?

President Trump is a proven liar.

5 Likes

Why are you using Trump as a credible witness?

Are you surprised that the person on the other side of the quad pro quo would claim that? You’ve mentioned being a government employee… so I know you’ve had numerous work place harassment cbts. People in a position of power cannot use that position to force a person to do their bidding. In the work place you would get fired.

Will the outcome be determined by how the majority party votes? Elections have consequences, John.

As to the rest of your misunderstanding, each state does NOT get equal participation in the House. Does Liz Cheney, for example, need to sit on every committee?

I also don’t recall you excoriating the Senate and Mitch McConnell during the Merick Garland non-vote.

1 Like

There is a mountain of evidence piling up that confirms substantial abuse of power. Ignore it all you want, but those of us dealing in reality see and believe what our eyes show us and our ears tell us.

Well then, it must be settled. :roll_eyes:

Of course he has no incentive to lie publicly about this either, right? Additionally, we have evidence that Ukraine DID in fact feel pressure, admitted as much, and were incredibly concerned over the pressure being put on them by Trump and his administration.

Nope. Impeach Trump for withholding appropriated military aid as if it were his own money, and a State visit in order to extort a foreign nation into election interference by publicly announcing an opening of an investigation into Trump’s chief political rival in the upcoming election. Again, this is reality.

3 Likes

The outcome is not predetermined just because the president does not have the majority party in the house.

Yes. They have committee assignments and get a full vote each. Unless you think they should each get two votes or something.

Irrelevant. This is Constitutional. And they are in fact getting the same level of participation as the minority party has received in past impeachments. In some cases, even more, considering this is the investigative phase and Congress is doing the investigation rather than a Special Prosecutor.

1 Like

We know these facts:

On May 26, 2019 the DOD certified to congress that Ukraine had met it’s obligations to combat corruption… Here is the letter they sent:
https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=6430088-Pentagon-Letter-On-Ukraine-Aid

We know the aid was not even starting to be released until Sept. 11th. The date was so late in the FY that an amendment was added to the continuing resolution passed by congress on Sept. 26th.

Why do you suppose the funding was delayed? Did delaying the funding violate federal law?

1 Like

Other than the fact that the Republicans held the majority until January 2019, you are correct. Even then, though, the Democrats did not pursue impeachment as Pelosi did not feel there was enough justification at the time. Circumstances can and have changed, however. Now, with Trump’s continuing and painfully obvious abuses, she does . . . and they are.

Indeed. Hence the appeal to emotion, blanketed in a supposed argument of Constitutionality.

But totally within John’s MO.

1 Like

It’s funny to me that I’m watching C-SPAN and the GOP leader in the house is spouting the same talking points in this thread.

3 Likes

:laughing:

Amazing analysis

1 Like

And Donald’s always been such a forthright and veracious individual. I guess it’s settled! :rofl:

3 Likes

The truthiest president ever.

1 Like

Calloo Callay, let the celebratory bells peal and ring out hosannas to our Chosen One! He said he didn’t do it and that settles it! Any further inquiry into the matter is just Deep State lib mob witch huntery!

Resolution passes. 2 Nay’s from Democrats. Zero Yea’s from Republicans. My favorite Congressman, Justin Amash was a Yea.

Very but not completely surprising given the complaints we’ve been seeing here.

https://twitter.com/sbg1/status/1189927243281248258?s=21

Yep. Every Republican is pledging to go all in on Donald Trump. Ask Trump Steaks and Trump Airlines, and Trump University and Two Ex-Wives how well that goes down.

3 Likes