Time to shut down social media?

These big tech companies have algorithms for everything and it’s time they came up with one to track coordinated lawlessness on social media as well as across all devices, smart phones, tablets, VPA’s and computers. The geek tech geniuses can do it. JMO

1 Like

“Kids”?

Everywhere.

But if you want specifics, you can start with Brazil in the early nineties.

:rofl:

I remember the threads. It was the end of society as we know it.

Just like every other boogeyman you guys come up with.

Nobody has said this was the end of society as we know it. People have said it is a problem when stores are closing in inner cities due to this and when crime is on the rise and there seems to be a lack of concern by many politicians running those cities.

But pretend everyone is hysterical and that you are the winning voice of calm.

Seems to me I watched four years of hysteria based on a dossier that was a fake.

straw_man

So far, the big progressive solution is to not call it “looting” because that’s racist.

5 Likes

You are trying to compare California to Brazil?

You do, all the time.

1 Like

No, I’m saying flash robs aren’t new.

You ever been to Brazil?

1 Like

I’m sure I do.

Come up with better boogeyman.

Drug store desert is good enough.

Keep whistling while your state fails.

1 Like

Where?

“My” state? Which is that?

To be fair. This is not a new phenomenon, even in the US. You can find different stories of flash mob/Rob thefts going back a decade. As well as Conservative blogs complaining about them.

I’m pretty sure I remember pearl clutching on this very message board about it, a decade ago.

1 Like

"Brazil’s most severe problem today is arguably its highly unequal distribution of wealth and income, one of the most extreme in the world. By the 1990s, more than one out of four Brazilians continued to survive on less than one dollar a day. These socio-economic contradictions helped elect Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva of the Partido dos Trabalhadores (PT) in 2002.

In the few months before the election, investors were scared by Lula’s campaign platform for social change, and his past identification with labor unions and leftist ideology. As his victory became more certain, the Real devalued and Brazil’s investment risk rating plummeted (the causes of these events are disputed, since Cardoso left a very small foreign reserve). After taking office, however, Lula maintained Cardoso’s economic policies,[52] warning that social reforms would take years and that Brazil had no alternative but to extend fiscal austerity policies. The Real and the nation’s risk rating soon recovered."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Brazil&ved=2ahUKEwjO0vaHhr_0AhUs3jgGHfoNBncQFnoECAUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw329YsmzCXHtBvWrd4lJAzA

Most likely. I mean, we were getting headlines like these.

Race riots of the internet age, ha.

2 Likes

It’s the CEC echo chamber effect.

Your Phone <— You —> Life

Some people may not finally look up even as they are dying.

A lot of Washington critters would be very upset…How could they show us how stupid they are if they couldn’t tweet? Hell would 45 even been elected without it?