Time to Retire the Lie

There’s a thread in the op somewhere but it’s surrounded by Trump’s campaign speech. They’re not the elites, you’re the elites. You’re smarter, better looking more successful etc etc. They say they’re better than you, they’re not better!

There’s a reason why i don’t really like any of the candidates this election cycle or politicians in general, but i still hold almost anyyyyyyyyone above Trump. Well above. They might do idiotic Spartacus Moment things from time to time but they still aren’t Trump, but that doesnt’ mean i’m going to defend everything they do either.

I don’t have enough time to tell you how ridiculous this statement is… I don’t even know where to begin

This post started off great… then this

Mirrors can be tough to look in. Windows are much more fun.

2 Likes

This was not idiotic. It was calculated.

I completely agree. I’ve long said this. And I’ve been excoriated by some of my progressive friends for it-to the point that we’re no longer friends. They drop their justice on me and then block me on all social media. And they’re usually pretty rude about it.

I think there are a lot of legitimate cases in the US of police misuse of power, or police “getting away with it”-ranging from 8 cops dog-piling and choking a massively obese man who is telling you he can’t breath, to a cop who fails to log in 5 pounds of pot and stated he had used a few pounds of it to “train his dog” before logging it, to a cop who puts a drunk guy on his knees through a life or death game of Simon Says.

I don’t doubt there are problems in Ferguson, but Brown’s personal behavior should be looked at as the type that was not helping out the relationship between the people of Ferguson and cops.

I’m not going to sit here and suggest who anyone should find to be a martyr, but we have to look at the whole situation and judge it by a fair examination of the facts. Michael Brown would be alive today but for his attempt at taking a cop’s weapon. No one should do that, regardless of the color of your skin. IMO.

1 Like

I’ve watched the video of his slaying, and I can’t think of a better word for it. The cops pulled up, opened the door, and opened fire. They had already made up their minds that they were going to kill this kid.

Have you watched the video? They pulled up and immediately opened fire. The person who made the 9/11 call even specifically told the dispatcher that they didn’t think the gun was real, I believe.

Tamir Rice’s death was wrong.

100% agree.

I do think that his killing was a boiling point for other issues that community faced as a result of the policing there. Even though he seemed to have acted stupidly, I think the history of oppression there played into the overall riots

1 Like

I hear you. I understand your feelings. I recognize your plea for help. I choose not to.

I’m not wrong. Are you female?

I know I’m not wrong.

So yes.

Policy, not personality, right?

Exactly what “toy” was he playing with?

A toy gun…

Absolutely. The policy of inciting riots for votes.

Michael Brown is last person for libs to die on…specially when there are many better examples out there.

Just for the record, when you fight for a gun it become life and death struggle. Michael Brown lost.

1 Like

I think you are referring to the boy who had the nintendo gun? I could be wrong if so that was bad and should be condemened. But that’s not what Warren and every other candidate lined up on Twitter and said. They were saying Michael Brown AKA “The Gentle Giant” was murdered by police. The Obama Justice department discovered otherwise. I would to think all of those candidates know this, but still to stoke division and try to appeal to black voters were repeating a lie, and they knew they were.

This is a bit a different than the regular politician lie, see they all lie some more than other like Trump but in this case there is a police officer who has had to live in hiding for 5 years for protecting himself and doing nothing wrong, all this is doing is keeping him in protective custody longer, but I guess a few extra voters are worth it.

The Democrat leadership has become so accustomed to lying that now, when they can choose a truth that suits their purpose or a lie that would suit their purpose, they automatically choose the lie. Are any of these lying hatemongers fit to become President. Are they suddenly going to become presidential, honest and restrained once they sit down in the Oval Office? Does anyone believe that transformation will happen?

Consistency from whom? The cops or the people distorting and exploiting the shootings?

Sure it was wrong, but under the circumstances that he found himself (he was not driving) the cop who shot him was still justified. Again, I’m not going to get embroiled in this again, but the dispatcher never told the cops who responded that it might be a toy. And even if they had been told, the lady who called could have been wrong. When someone points what looks like a real gun in every respect (the yellow muzzle piece that is on the gun to differentiate it from a real gun had been removed) then the police MUST assume that it is a real, loaded gun and that the person pointing it intends to shoot. They don’t have the time to think anything else if they hope to live to retirement.