Time to Retire the Lie

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/civil-rights/457049-5-years-later-media-and-politicians-should-retire-the-false-ferguson%3Famp

“Michael Brown’s murder forever changed Ferguson and America. His tragic death sparked a desperately needed conversation and a nationwide movement. We must fight for stronger accountability and racial equity in our justice system.”

“5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Michael was unarmed yet he was shot 6 times. I stand with activists and organizers who continue the fight for justice for Michael. We must confront systemic racism and police violence head on.”

Now I don’t like cops, as far as I’m concerned they are a necessary evil, but necessary. And I don’t know this Wilson. When somebody, anybody, tries to disarm you, you absolutely CANNOT allow that to happen.

Obama’s DOJ investigated. They found that Brown likely grabbed Wilson around the neck. No charges.

Now, 4 years later, these clowns and the media are trying to stir it up again - for votes. Think about that. They are willing to incite another burning of a town for votes. Yes, republicans do it too.

In this case, it’s not the republicans though, is it?

It’s the democratic Presidential candidates.

“He was MURDERRRRED!!! VOTE FOR ME!!!”

No he wasn’t.

There are some who were, Michael Brown is not one of them. He is a young man who made horrible choices and paid the price for them.

Many of you complain, and rightfully so, of the dangerous and divisive rhetoric from Trump and his band of fools. But before you do it next time, maybe you’ll pause for a minute and think about what happened here.

The left and your pols like to claim you have “progressed”, you’re more “civilized”, more “educated”, born “better”. Well you’re not and you’ve proven it. Not one of these jackanapes is one iota better than Trump.

Some people were incredulous in the truck guy thread when I said if somebody tells me they are going to kill me I believe them and will handle it. “It’s just words, I ignore it!” And here’s Cuomo and CNN defending him. You’re not better.

And the lying and piss poor behavior in the Kavanaugh hearings. You’re not better.

I sincerely hope that this pack of irresponsible jackwagons do not cause those people in Ferguson to have to relive their media-generated nightmare.

I sincerely hope that Trump et al will tone it down before another maniac decides to shoot up something.

I sincerely hope those of you on the left can understand you’re not better.

6 Likes

The Democrats will get crazier the closer Durhams investigation comes to an end.

They are sure rewriting history on this one. As Sneaky said, there are several other unarmed black men who were murdered by cops, they really chose a bad example to make a stand on in choosing Michael Brown.

5 Likes

Some common sense before politics would be welcome to healing the divide.

I’m not so sure that can be done at this point or walked back.

Michael Brown was not “murdered”. At least that is my opinion on the matter. I don’t think you can walk back those who claim he was.

Nor do I think that Trump et all should tone it down because they are afraid of what a maniac might do? Maniacs will find a reason, Trump or not.

Desperate attempt to get Missouri to vote blue again. It won’t even be close here in 2020.

You are worried about “walking back lies”… bwahahahahahahahahah :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Tamir Rice leaps to mind.

1 Like

They did choose a bad example. But it is the example they chose. So they need to make a stand on it.

More like an opportunity to dive, they didn’t care who it was.

Even he is not a good example … Tamir may have been innocent, but he displayed action that attributed to and justified his to being shot. I was thinking more along the lines of the guy shot in the back running away from a traffic incident or the one where the cop shot the kid multiple times as he walked past him.

1 Like

Bull ■■■■ Samm. That kid was killed because the fat ass cop driving the car didn’t know what the ■■■■ he was doing.

1 Like

Worried? Why where did you ever get the impression from my post that I am “worried”.

Yeah, mistakes by the cops were made, but the response was still justified under the situation that the cop who shot him found himself in. And even if you disagree with me on that, it does not rise to murder. We have argued this ad nauseam in the old Forum … I’m not going to go over it again.

Kamala Harris of all people.

And Phillando Castille, Sandra Bland.

Most of these civilian shootings by police involve some act or resistance or other factor that caused the cops to shoot.

In the red flag thread defenders of red flag laws pointed out the guy who resisted when cops cam to take his firearms brought the shooting on himself when he resisted. (And I agree with that.)

I’d like to see some consistency from them regarding these “hands-up” cases as well.

2 Likes

police discrimination doesn’t exist because Brown is a thug! is that your point?

Sandra Bland killed herself. She shouldn’t have been in jail, but she did herself.

What about that kid who was shot in a park for paying with a toy.

Who was he paying?

(Hint: That case is already being discussed in this thread.)