Time to push School Choice

Homeschooling makes sense during a pandemic, but otherwise i think it does children a disservice.

Another issue that should be addressed.

People who have kids pay property taxes.

People who don’t have kids pay property taxes.

1 Like

I speak as someone who taught in a public high school and can unequivocally say that public education at the high school level is so cookie cutter (one size fits all), ineffective (most students get little to nothing out of their time in high school), and is too long (I mean who determined that everyone has to have four years of high school). Higher education is in woeful need of reform and vouchers would be one good approach.

3 Likes

“Taking money from taxpayers”?

1. Which tax dollars? Federal, I get it. Local, why not?

2. Why be fine with paying for a public education, but not a private one? Particularly if said funding were set up in such a way that money diverted from public to private would not exceed what the cost per pupil is?

Tax credits and vouchers become subsidies for the wealthy and don’t end up helping lower income families.

• The amount of tax money back is never enough to pay a full private school tuition.
  • In addition to tuition, private school requires transportation, uniforms/dress codes, books etc…
  • Private schools are not obligated to take anyone who applies. A lot of kids in the public school systems wouldn’t be admitted to private school. They will be left behind in a system that now has less money to work with.

You end up giving a subsidy to the families that would send their kids to private school anyway, who have the stable household that results in a kid performing well enough to be admitted, and leaving behind those that don’t, while taking money out of the school tasked with educating them.

2 Likes
1 Like

Good.

But what strikes me here is how libs tried to us “democracy” to stop “democracy”.

Unbelievable…

1 Like

What’s the problem? Everything seems to work as intended. They didn’t gather enough signatures, case closed.

Doesn’t change the fact that libs tried to use “democracy” to stop “democracy”.

If you want to send your child to college then go for it just dont ask for any loan forgiveness.

3 Likes

Meh. The good people of Arizona made this referendum provision a part of their law, and they are well within their rights to use it, nevermind what the internet cranks think about it.

I didnt ask. Joe Biden offered and I applauded. Much better use of tax money.

What does “higher education” have to do with high school?

That’s the spirit! Lib duplicity at its finest!

4 Likes

Evidently libs approve of the vote buying scheme by Brandon which is all this loan “forgivness” is.

2 Likes

Why shouldn’t High School be the springboard for various types of employment?

4 Likes

It used to… it is

1 Like