Time to end segregated sports?

We ended racially segregated sports 70 years ago.

Is it time to end gender segregation as well?

Let everyone compete together regardless of what their brain or chromosomes say, and may the best person win?

Are equestrian events segregated now?

No, is that a good first step?

2 Likes

we should have a doping Olympics.
I wanna see how high someone can really jump.

5 Likes

It’s time to stop segregating based on gender and do it based on physical attributes relevant to the sport.

There the horse is the athlete.

1 Like

Even if one was to accept that assertion there are entires, geldings and mares competing in the same event.

1 Like

I’ve seen this in action and it’s not a good solution. The men put a couple token women on their team in the least consequential positions possible and that’s it. Most women will be shut out from competing.

The chromosomal-challenged “men” and “women” can have their own Olympics (like the physically disabled do) and they can get support funding from woke corporations. Let the manly women and the womanly men compete against each other, to show us how unifying that non-segregation ideal can be.

I might actually be perversely interested in watching that.

2 Likes

:rofl: good one.

What about zebras? I want to see some â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  zebras.

3 Likes

I don’t believe they are good at dressage.

2 Likes

An ostrich might identify as a horse. I’d be keen to see the event open to all animals. We should not discriminate against other animals on the basis of chromosome differences.

2 Likes

A little tongue in cheek with my first cup of coffee. :+1:

Nah.
…

And your point being? The horse, Stallion, gelding or mare could not care less whether the person on its back is male, female or other.

1 Like

I used to play mixed softball. There was no obvious distinction between the abilities of the men and women on the teams. Other sports like baseball and soccer would fair well with mixed sexes, but sports that favor strength and height will always give men the advantage. Even such individual sports such as tennis and boxing (which has weight divisions) would give men an advantage over women. Of course there are some women who can out perform some men in almost any sport, but in contests like the Olympics when only the three best are awarded medals, the likelihood that a woman would stand on the podium is very unlikely.

My daughter plays on a men’s soccer team and it’s friggin rough, they are bigger, stronger, faster all around.

Some horses actually have a preference.

1 Like