Time to completely disband FISA courts

Seriously…time to cut the legs off goverment surveillance abuse. If they aren’t going to take abuse of system they are part of then it’s time to deny them that system. This shouldn’t be a left or right, democrat versus republican issue.

As for Christopher Wray…he should have been fired months ago.

2 Likes

I’m fine with the, issuing you have an alternative that is expedient, confidential and protectant of the rights of all involved.

Without transparency there is none. Secret courts and judges always end up this way.

4 Likes

Who the hell put Wray in that position in the first place???

4 Likes

“… only the best…” lol

5 Likes

Trump. He’s not good at hiring. At all.

2 Likes

:wink:

He may be the worst hirer in the history of hiring. The only thing I can think of is he doesn’t care who he hires because he thinks he can impose his will.

He’s wrong.

“he thinks”

That’s where you’re wrong.

1 Like

No, he does. Just not like you or me.

Why, I believe it was the guy that hires only the best and the brightest.

At least, that’s what I’ve been told.

2 Likes

Incoming!

It’s not Donald’s fault! Christopher Wray is Deep State traitor!

5 Likes

The FISA Courts should be disbanded since they are probably unconstitutional.

Christopher Wray is a Republican, who was appointed by Trump. But I am not really for his firing at this time.

He’s another incompetent boob with priority issues in a long line of same.

Since leftist liberal Dems can’t be trusted with the security of the country and have absolutely no ethics or patriotism we have to get rid of the FISA court which was put into place to “protect” us but has been corrupted and abused by the toxic deep state and Obama leftovers.

President Trump had to go deep into the toxic higher echelon of the FBI down to the level of this Wray person who appears to be as deep into the DC swamp dung as his previous bosses were so President Trump gave him a chance but now its time IMO to get rid of him.

It’s not easy to clean up the absolute filth left by the previous Administration.

He puts his organization above his oath. That’s what got them in trouble in the first place.

Those arrogant scofflaws believe they run the country.

3 Likes

They have been there for decades. The Machine creates them.

1 Like

I don’t like the idea of ex parte proceedings in general, other than before a Grand Jury.

If you could put together a Grand Jury of citizens who could be granted the necessary Top Secret clearance, I would approve of that. But that would be so cumbersome and unwieldy to setup and manage as to not be practical.

The FISA Courts are therefore an unfortunate necessity. But they could be improved by changing the appointing authority to allow for a more politically diverse set of Judges. Currently the Chief Justice makes 100% of the appointments and the Judges chosen are generally those considered to be more sympathetic to the government.

3 Likes

Except for Judges, to whom Trump has delegated that power to the Federalist Society who wields it competently.

1 Like

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury,…