Time to ban the word "slave"?

I think it is time to stop using rascist and bigoted ethnonyms to describe forced servitude. It is offensive and shameful to Slavic people. However, the anti-Slavic and Slavophobic rhetoric of people such as American professor, Edward Alsworth Ross still persists to this day. Slavs were said to be able to “live in dirt that would kill a white man”. Disgusting.

Slavs are white.

But perhaps there is something to that. My DNA indicates that I am 22% Slavic … I can live in dirt just fine. However, the 64% Swede in me says that’s disgusting. :wink:

Welcome to the Forum.

Hi Samm. You may be interested in reading this: www.dukeupress.edu /not-quite-white . Slavs have a history of being regarded as less than white similar to that of Arabs. Due to the history of captivity, the genetics are quite mixed with their captures. Although self identifying as a person of Ukrainian descend, I have a fair amount of Turkish genetics mixed in. Maybe it is this lack of pedigree that adds to the low regard?

So were the Irish. And they are almost as white as Swedes.

Did you use 23 & Me or Ancestry? I’m just curious.

Would you recommend it?

I had mine done a couple of times. Once back in 2001 with the National Geographic Human Genome project. The second time was through my doctor to better understand some hereditary mutations. I was thinking of getting the raw data done at some point. I think both are fairly good.

not happening where i work. in my software development team, we continue to use master and slave term to describe our software components structure. no one blink an eye or care.

I used 23 & Me. It was a gift from a relative. I can’t say I can recommend or prefer it over Ancestry or any other that might be out there.

1 Like

I used ancestry. Got it as a Christmas gift for my wife and I.

I guess we will see if I am a true hybrid American or I have be lied to.

I expect my dna will show 20 different ethnicities. (At least).

Allan

I call my cat “slave” . Wife hates it. It’s not that our cat is a slave but we are to him. Lol.

Treats. Food. Play time with toys. Litter box. Water.

Rinse and repeat.

Allan

You should be calling him Master.

… Or God. :wink:

It’s time to totally ban any and all language even remotely related to reality because leftists, who are currently in charge, may get offended.

Even acknowledging that slavery is alive and well in some parts of the world offends them because it flies in the face of their narrative that it was limited to black Africans and white Europeans.

Can’t acknowledge that male male sex is risky because that destroys their narrative of it being a normal act.

Unwed parenting may leave you cash strapped? Can’t say that either because it upsets their narrative that it’s employers’ fault as well as society’s for not offering free health care.

Eat better and exercise? Refer to the narrative about free health care, can’t go telling people to eat right & exercise.

A total ban on reality should immediately go into place. It’s time for rainbows :rainbow:, unicorns :unicorn:, hugs, positive affirmations and trophies for all just for showing up.

I’m off to my gender neutral safe space now to read an environmentally friendly ebook with no offensive ties to that nasty demon named Reality and catch some z’s.

Have a great rest of your day!

:+1:t2: :grin: